The brice meat slicer will slice food, cheese, and meat for you into thin small, and equal slices. The sharpened blades and food carriage of the meat slicer helps to hold the meat firmly. If the blades of your Brice meat slicer become dull, you can replace them. Replacing the blade on a brice meat slicer can be a daunting task, but it is not as difficult as you might think. Here is a detailed guide you can follow in Replacing the blades and it will allow you to continue working on the slicer.
Types Of Brice Meat Slicer:
There are many different types of Brice meat slicers on the market today. Some are electric, some are manual and some are even hydraulic. The most popular type of Brice meat slicer is the electric variety. They are easy to use and come in a variety of sizes to accommodate any kitchen. The manual Brice meat slicer is a bit more difficult to use but it’s great for small jobs. The hydraulic Brice meat slicer is the most popular type of meat slicer as they are extremely versatile and easy to use.
Here are some of the types listed:
- Belt-driven: Belt-driven slicers are best for slicing frozen meat automatically.
- Gear-driven: They are commercial meat slicers. They can perform light and heavy-duty work. Gear-driven slicers need regular maintenance and replacing the belts.
- Vertical–driven: Vertical-driven slicer have perpendicular blades. They have a large capacity and are best for business and commercial use. They use mechanical gears to work.
- Semi-automatic: Semi-automatic meat slicer needs an operator to hold the food from the food carriage.
- Fully-automatic: Fully-automatic Brice meat slicer can work without any operator.
When Is It Required To Replace The Blade On A Brice Meat Slicer?
When the blades become dull and provide rough slices, you should replace them. Replacement of blades is not tricky. You can sharpen the blades or replace them quickly. Firstly, you must examine and inspect the blade and judge what the fault is. Then decide whether either blade needs to be sharped or you should replace it.
Steps To Replace The Blade On A Brice Meat Slicer
- Step 1: Turned off the meat slicer and removed the power from the power point. Adjust the slicer thickness to zero.
- Step 2: Clean the slicer and remove food particles. Put the meat slicer on a height to hold it easily.
- Step 3: Unscrew the carriage knob and pull it towards you. Then remove other parts of the slicer and wash them with warm soapy water.
- Step 4: Hold the blade removal tool against the blade. Hold the handle outside of the slicer firmly with one hand and rotate the central handle of the slicer with your other hand until the blade has been removed.
- Step 5: The blade will come out from the slicer. Now attach the new blade by turning the central handle clockwise. The blade will be installed in your rice meat slicer.
Brice Meat Slicer Blade Maintenance:
- Clean the blade with a damp cloth.
- Wash the parts of the meat slicer with hot water.
- Make sure before storing that slicer is thoroughly cleaned.
- Always wear clean safety gloves before using.
- Protect your hands while changing the blades.
- Wear safety glasses to keep your eyes safe before sharpening.
What is the difference between a semi-automatic and a fully-automatic meat slicer?
A fully-automatic slicer can cut the meat without any operator . It stops when the process is completed. At the same time, the semi-automatic meat slicer requires the operator to receive the tray.
How do I use a Brice meat slicer?
Before operating the meat slicer, it is recommended to receive training. The training will help you how to clean and safety features of the meat slicer.
How to replace the blade on a Brice meat slicer?
You can replace the blade by using the removal tool. Unscrew the knob, remove the blade, and replace it with a new one.
What are the types of Brice meat slicers?
Brice meat slicers have different types. Belt-driven, gear-driven, semi-driven and fully driven, etc.
Can I replace the blades of the Brice meat slicer?
Yes, you can replace the blades. The blades of the Brice meat slicer are not fixed.
Brice meat slicers can perform heavy-duty. After continuing work, blades can become dull and rough. You can replace them with new and sharped blades.