- 1 Industrial Meat Slicers
- 2 How to Find a Best Industrial Meat Slicer?
- 3 Features Of Industrial Meat Slicer
- 4 Levels of Slicers
- 5 What to Look for in an Industrial Meat Slicer?
- 6 What is the Maintenance of Industrial Meat Slicers?
- 7 How to Clean the Industrial Meat Slicer?
- 8 How to Operate the Industrial Meat Slicer?
- 9 How to Repair the Industrial Meat Slicer?
- 10 Advantages of Using an Industrial Meat Slicer
- 11 Difference Between A Stationary Industrial Meat Slicer And The Industrial Moving Meat Slicer
- 12 FAQs
- 13 Conclusion
Industrial Meat Slicers
Industrial meat slicers are used for slicing meat mostly in restaurants, butcher shops, delis, and other food processing facilities. They are usually used in the food industry for commercial use. They have a sharp blade that slices the meat into uniform thicknesses, making it easy for chefs to prepare. They can slice various types of meat, including beef, lamb, chicken, turkey, and fish. They can slice a wide variety of products, including ground beef, boneless steaks, boneless chops, tenderloins, and ribs. They are used to cut and slice meat for sandwiches, burgers, meatballs, and other processed meats.
How to Find a Best Industrial Meat Slicer?
An industrial meat slicer is, in fact, a heavy-duty machine that can be used to slice raw and cooked meats. The industrial meat slicer comes with a particular standard blade, a sausage blade, and an additional interchangeable precision blade to create many different products.
When buying an Industrial meat slicer, it is essential to remember what & how much you want to slice, as different meat slicers have other functions & capabilities to perform various tasks. The right industrial slicer can make your life a lot easier and even save you time and money. But there are many different types of slicers out there. So, how do you find the best one? What features do you need? How do you know if you’re getting a good deal? Here we are going to answer all of these questions and more.
Features Of Industrial Meat Slicer
Here are some of the Prominent features of an Industrial Meat Slicer
Shape and Size:
Industrial meat slicers can be found in many different shapes and sizes. Some are flat, some are round, and some are rectangular.
Variety of Blades:
Some have a knife that cuts the meat into slices. Others have a variety of rotating blades & the size and shape of the blade are determined by the type of meat that it will slice. A wide blade is used to slice large pieces of meat, while a narrow blade is used to slice thin strips of meat. You can also find industrial meat slicers with a single blade or a double blade. The blade should be sharp and smooth.
Mid & premium levels have a larger blade for heavier duty, while the lower-level blade is small for lighter use such as the home. The most attractive feature of the best industrial meat slicer is the stainless steel blades (12 inches) that can slice through frozen and uncooked meat, poultry, cheese, vegetables and even bones..
Motor Horse Power:
Some slicers are equipped with motors to cut large amounts of meat per hour. Many slicers recommend higher horsepower for industrial use to gain high-level results.
Cutting Board Size:
The size of the cutting board determines the length of the slices that the slicer can produce. You should know that the size of the slicer you need depends on how much meat you want to cut and how thick you want it to be. If you’re making small quantities of food, you can use a handheld model.
Most slicers have a 7 1/2″ to 12″ carriage in diameter. A spiral food carriage ensures every piece has maximum contact with the blade, improving slicing accuracy while reducing food waste. If you want to slice more than 12, it is essential to remember this in thing in your mind.
An industrial meat slicer is much larger, more powerful, and eco-friendly than its counterpart. The best industrial meat slicer has a vertical design for maximum slicing capacity, so you don’t have to clean off numerous parts between slicing jobs.
Manual vs. Automatic:
The manual meat slicer offers hands-on slicing at home. The automatic has electric power or a motor behind the blade to make slicing easier.
This professional meat slicer has eight cutting thicknesses from 0 (zero) up to 3/8″ (9.5mm).
Food pusher: A large food pusher helps guide pieces of meat securely to the blade.
Cleaning Leg / “Kickstand”:
Many meat slicers have a blade guard that includes an adjustable kickstand for greater visibility and protection from the blade & easily cleaned under the meat slicer.
Levels of Slicers
Lower Level Slicers:
Lower level slicers or lighter models are much smaller and cheap & these machines can only slice a few pounds each time. These level slicers are primarily used in Coffee shops, Bakeries, Cafes, and homes for less quantity of food. They have fewer safety features compared to higher models & operate manual with 9 to 12-inch blade size, but the model is not recommended for cheese slicing.
Mid-tier slicers are slightly different from the lower-level model. They contain larger blades, about 10 to 14 inches, and more horsepower than 1/3 to 1/2. They can slice products for a few hours per day. they are used in Small delis, Universities, Cafeterias
A Premium slicer, also known as a heavy-duty slicer, slices a wide range of food consistently and faster than hand slicing. It features a convenient pull-out food carriage, safety guard, and food pusher for safe and easy operation. They can operate as manual & automatic with a 13-inch blade & 1/2 horsepower. they are used in industries, restaurants, Sandwich shops, Grocery stores
What to Look for in an Industrial Meat Slicer?
The first thing you should look for in an industrial meat slicer is speed. The faster the slicer, the better. The quicker the slicer, the more meat it can slice per minute. You should also look for a slicer that has a large cutting area. A large cutting area means that you can make a lot of slices at once. Also, you need to look for a slicer with a sharp blade.
Type of Meat to be Sliced:
You’ll want to choose an industrial machine that’s appropriate for the type of meat you’re slicing. For example, if you’re slicing beef, you’ll want to choose a machine designed for cutting beef. If you’re slicing beef, you’ll want to select a machine that’s designed for slicing beef.
You’ll also need to choose a machine that has the suitable capacity for the amount of meat you will be slicing. You’ll want to make sure the machine is big enough to hold the amount of meat you will be slicing.
Ease of Use:
You’ll also want to make sure the machine is easy to use. It should have controls that are easy to understand and that are intuitive.
The machine should also be durable and sturdy. It should be able to handle the type of work it will be doing.
If you’re going to be using the machine in a commercial setting, you’ll need to make sure that it is suitable. You’ll need to make sure it’s well-built and that it’s easy to clean.
You’ll also want to make sure that the machine is quiet. It should have a quiet operation. You’ll also want to make sure that the machine is safe. It should be designed to avoid injury.
Ease to store:
You’ll want to make sure that the machine is easy to store. It should be able to be stored in a cabinet or a closet.
Sliceability of Industrial Meat Slicers:
If you are looking for a meat slicer that will slice through any kind of meat, you should choose an industrial meat slicer with many teeth. The slicing ability of an industrial meat slicer is determined by the number of teeth on the blade. The more teeth on the blade, the more it will be able to slice and the speed at which they move the meat.
If the industrial meat slicer has fewer teeth, it will slowly slice the meat. If you want to slice through thick meat, you should choose an industrial meat slicer with a slow speed. You will be able to cut through a thick piece of meat if you have a slow pace. The industrial meat slicer will be able to slice the meat more quickly if it has a higher degree of sharpness.
Cost of an Industrial Meat Slicer:
Because of the wide variety of industrial slicers available, you’ll need to make sure that you know the cost of each. It is a relatively cheap machine, but it will be able to slice much more than just a single type of meat. If you plan on slicing a lot of different kinds of meat, you may want to consider purchasing several of these machines and combining them for greater efficiency.
What is the Maintenance of Industrial Meat Slicers?
Industrial meat slicers have to be well maintained because they’re a combination of high speed, precision, and accuracy. They also come with excellent warranties that you don’t want to risk having broken. Maintaining industrial meat slicers can be very simple & only the proper lubrication, sharpening, and cleaning of the machine are required to prevent them from wearing out. However, it is essential to ensure that you’re following all the steps correctly.
- You should always check the blades and the feed rollers to ensure that they are working properly.
- Lubricate the blades and cutting mechanism, and ensure that it is clean. The slicer will run faster if it is well-lubricated.
- Sharpening of the blades should be done regularly or every week to prevent them from getting dull & helps them to cut more accurately.
- The machine should be cleaned at least once a week. This can help prevent the growth of bacteria.
Sharpen an Industrial Meat Slicer Blades
If you need to sharpen your meat slicer, the first thing you should do is to make sure the slicer is clean before you sharpen it.
- Start by turning the blade sharpener 180 degrees so it lies flat on top of the blade. Tighten it up again.
- Make sure the slicer is turned on and the blade is spinning.
- Press the rear sharpening button, and then hold it briefly. Sharpen for a few seconds, and then let go. Hold the razor again for a few seconds, and then let go.
- When your blade is sharpened, press the release button and then touch the edge of the blade to your skin to remove any excess residue. Press the front finishing button and continue to use the knife as normal.
- This will keep the edge of the blade smooth and sharp. Turn off the machine.
- To get a better edge, place the file guide back in its original position and adjust it so that it’s snug.
- Clean any additional residue leftover from sharpening with a dry, lint-free cloth.
How to Clean the Industrial Meat Slicer?
The cleaning of industrial meat slicers should be done every time you use them. This way, the slicer will perform at its best. You should also clean the slicer when you aren’t using it. This is to keep it from getting rusty or dirty. There are some things you need to know about how to clean an industrial meat slicer.
- Get the right tools: You’ll need to get the right tools to clean the industrial meat slicer. The first thing you’ll need is a dishwashing liquid and soap. You’ll also need a soft cloth and a sponge.
- Start with the machine: The first step is to start with the machine. You’ll need to make sure that the machine is completely dry before you start cleaning it. You can do this by running a brush or a damp cloth over the machine.
- Remove the parts: Once you’ve cleaned the machine, you’ll need to remove the parts. You can use a screwdriver to remove the parts.
- Cleaning the parts: For a good cleaning, it is recommended that you remove the blade from the slicer and soak it in a solution of warm water and dish soap for 30 minutes. This will help maintain a good edge on your blade. To avoid dulling the blade, do not let it sit in a container with a sharpening compound. Replace the blade after each use. Then, you can rinse the blade thoroughly with warm water and dry it with a clean, soft cloth.
- Cleaning the machine: After removing the parts, you’ll want to clean the machine. Cleaning the cutting area on an industrial meat slicer is also important because it will keep the area clean and prevent bacteria from building up. You should use a soft cloth & a dishwashing liquid to clean the area, and then you can use a dry cloth to wipe it down. You’ll also need to make sure that you’ve removed all the food from the machine. You can do this by rinsing the machine with hot water.
- Drying the machine: Once you’ve cleaned the machine, you’ll want to dry the machine. You can use a clean cloth to dry the machine.
- Lubricating the machine: Lubricating the machine is the most important thing to do. This will help the blades to last longer. You can use the right kind of oil for this.
- Put everything away: Once you’ve finished cleaning the machine, you’ll want to put everything back in place. You can do this by putting the parts back into the machine.
How to Operate the Industrial Meat Slicer?
It is important to know how to operate the industrial meat slicer, as it can be dangerous if you do not know how to use it. You should not try to use a meat slicer without proper training.
- Check the safety first: Make sure you check that the meat slicer is safe to use.
- Put on the gloves: Put on the gloves before you start slicing to prevent any injury.
- Select the right blade: If you want to cut through a bone, you must choose a blade with a high degree of sharpness. If you’re going to cut through a thick piece of meat, you will need a blade with a lower degree of sharpness.
- Adjust the blade: Once you’ve selected the blade that you want to use, you will need to adjust it to just the right size and shape for the job. If you are cutting through a bone, you will need to adjust the blade to have a higher degree of sharpness. If you are cutting through a thick piece of meat, you will need to adjust the blade to have a lower degree of sharpness.
- Start slicing: Place the meat in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to cool it down and make it easier to slice. Turn the machine on & place the frozen meat on the cutting board; make sure you don’t overload the machine. Start the machine and begin cutting.
- Remove the meat: The last thing you’ll want to do is remove the slices from the machine. You’ll want to make sure you keep the slices separate.
How to Repair the Industrial Meat Slicer?
It is easy to repair the industrial meat slicer with a little effort if you have the right knowledge. If you are looking for a quick and easy way to repair the industrial meat slicer, you can easily repair it yourself. There are many easy ways to repair the industrial meat slicer.
- The first thing you need to do is find the parts of the industrial meat slicer that are broken.
- There are two main parts of the industrial meat slicer that should be repaired. One part is the motor, and the other part is the blade.
- Motor Repair: If you want to repair the industrial meat slicer, you should first repair the motor. The motor is the most important part of the industrial meat slicer. The motor controls the speed of the blade. It is very easy to repair the motor. All you need to do is remove the blade and replace the motor. Then, you can put the blade back in the machine.
- Blade Repair: To replace the blade, remove the blade from the machine. You can do this by unscrewing the blade holder. Once you have removed the blade, you need to take the blade out of the machine & replace it with a new blade.
Advantages of Using an Industrial Meat Slicer
Industrial meat slicers are very efficient, and they can slice a lot of meat in a short time. This is one of the reasons why they are so popular in the food industry. The other reason is that they are easy to operate. If you are looking for a new meat slicer, you should consider buying an industrial meat slicer. They are reliable and they are also durable.
Difference Between A Stationary Industrial Meat Slicer And The Industrial Moving Meat Slicer
Stationary meat slicers are stationary & are very useful for commercial purposes because they can be used to slice a wide range of meat products. They are built on a table and have two or more fixed blades attached to a vertical shaft. The blade rotates at a fixed position at high speed, and the meat is sliced. The meat is usually attached to the blade by suction. It is used to slice meats like steak, fish, chicken, etc. It is an excellent machine for slicing meat into uniformly thin slices.
The industrial moving meat slicer is a machine capable of slicing meat into uniform slices & moves around the meat as it is sliced. The industrial moving meat slicer has a single rotating blade suspended from a horizontal shaft and pulled through the meat. It is a handy machine that is capable of slicing meat for sandwiches.
What are the most important things to look for when buying a meat slicer?
The most important things to look for when buying an industrial meat slicer are a sharp blade, a powerful motor, a variable speed, and a good warranty.
What kind of blade should I get & when to I replace the blade?
The blade is made of stainless steel and will last for years, and the blade should be replaced every two weeks or per month.
What are the disadvantages of a meat slicer?
One of the disadvantages is that you cannot slice very thin slices. Also, it’s difficult to slice meat if it has a lot of fat on it.
Video: What to Look for In a Commercial Meat Slicer?
Industry meat slicer delivers high quality, low maintenance, and affordability. The best industrial meat slicer is a tool used to cut food into slices and usually the one that has a good design, is easy to operate, and can handle a wide variety of meats.