Home use meat slicers are designed to slice meat, cheese, and vegetables for salads and help prepare for cooking. A meat slicer helps you slice quickly and easily in different styles and cuts. As they are used in daily routine, they need regular cleaning, sanitizing, and maintenance. The questions which arise here are: how to wash and clean the slicers at home? Can we wash in the sink like other pots? Are the parts of the slicer dishwasher safe?.
Below is the explanation to the above questions and Why can’t you wash a Home-use Meat Slicer into the Sink.
- 1 Why not to Wash the Slicer in the Sink?
- 2 Cleaning Meat Slicer at Home
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
Why not to Wash the Slicer in the Sink?
Cleaning the slicer regularly is the best way to keep away germs and food poising. When you leave it without cleaning just for one day, food particles will stick to their surface and will be hard to remove.
A meat slicer is an electronic appliance; you should not wash it in the sink. The meat slicer has a motor, gears, and some electronic parts, underneath the slicing blades. These parts are attached to the frame of the slicer. Thus the slicer is recommended not to ne washed in the sink.
Home meat slicers required special care during cleaning and washing. Only wash stainless steel parts of slicer in the dishwasher as they are dishwasher safe.
Meat slicer works with a blade, helping you slice meats into thin and beautiful pieces with greater efficiency. However, it is not convenient to wash it in the sink, for its blades are sharp.
In-short, the meat slicer may get damaged if you wash it into the sink. If needed, Just take off the parts that are not stainless steel and put them in the cleaning pot or put them one by one in the sink for washing. Not all components of the meat slicer can be washed in the sink; some can be cleaned with a dry towel and brushes, and some can be washed in hot water.
Cleaning Meat Slicer at Home
Having a meat slicer, you need to know how to wash the slicer. You must clean and maintain it regularly to get the most out of the meat slicer. Follow the given steps for perfect cleaning.
- Step1: Turn off and unplug the slicer. Adjust the thickness knob to zero.
- Step2: Remove the parts using a screwdriver. Take of the parts that are not stainless steel like gauge plate, food try, slice deflector, and central plate.
- Step3: Put them in the cleaning part or wash them one by one in the sink and let them dry.
- Step4: Clean the blades with a wet cloth separately. Don’t wash them and do not rub them with steel wool.
Tips to Remember For washing/cleaning a Meat Slicer at Home
- Clean and sanitize heavy-duty slicer every four hours.
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not use cooking oil for component greasing.
- Keep the motor area clean.
- Use soft brushes to clean the slicer.
- Before storing, make sure the slicer is thoroughly dried; otherwise, let it dry, then store.
- Wear cut- resistance gloves while washing and cleaning the blades.
- Make sure you can see your both hands during cleaning.
- The meat slicer should be washed and dried with clean water or mild soaps and then placed in a ventilated place to dry.
- If the meat slicer is dirty with oil, you can wipe it with a paper towel.
- If there are some food residues, please soak it in detergent just enough to wash, rinse it as soon as possible and dry it well.
How often should a meat slicer be cleaned?
You should clean the meat slicer every four hours.
When to sanitize the meat slicer?
Sanitize daily to prevent it from dangerous bacteria.
What is the correct order to clean the meat slicer?
Clean the blades wiping from the centre outward.
How To Clean A Meat Slicer correctly? (Video Tutorial)
Home-use meat slicers are not convenient to wash in the sink. Because the motor and blades are sharp and can be damaged with direct indulging in water. Wash the parts of slicers separately and with hands.
Cleaning is necessary for health; therefore, awareness of cleaning is more important to avoid a dangerous situations. Cleaning, dusting, wiping and washing the meat slicer give a complete touch of cleanliness. It all depends on the parts of meat slicer components and how to clean them.