A meat slicer, also called a slicing machine, is a tool used in butcher shops to slice meat. As compared to a simple knife, using a meat slicer requires less effort. As well as it keeps the texture of food intact. Generally, meat slicers can be adjusted easily to cut slices of variable thickness according to your need.
- 1 What can be sliced using a Meat Slicer?
- 2 Types of Meat Slicer
- 3 Can a meat Slicer cut through Bone?
- 4 FAQ’s:
- 5 (Video) Cutting through bone in Meat
- 6 Conclusion
What can be sliced using a Meat Slicer?
A meat slicer can slice raw meat, frozen meat, and cheese. Now there is no need to try to cut through tough frozen meats with scissors or knives. Just set up the slicer and start slicing food. The pieces of sliced meat come out on each side of the blade depending on what thickness setting you choose. A meat slicer is a great appliance for busy chefs. It can save hours and can do the job of several kitchen tools at once. A meat slicer can slice, cube, and even julienne your meats, vegetables, and cheese. Plus, it can also cut and slice desserts and bread.
Types of Meat Slicer
The main types of meat slicers are:
- Manual meat slicer: Electric meat slicer uses a powerful motor to spin a circular blade at high speed. You can slide the meat carriage from side to side for accurate cutting of meat to a set thickness. As compared to hand slicing with a knife, an electric meat slicer is much faster for cutting large quantities.
- Automatic meat slicer: It looks similar to a manual meat slicer but offers one significant advantage – the carriage mechanism with a motor that allows slicing to be automated.
- Flywheel meat slicer: It is a traditional meat slicing device. You can operate it by hand.
Can a meat Slicer cut through Bone?
Even though a meat slicer is a versatile appliance, it comes with some limitations. Even when you have the most premium version of a meat slicer, don’t try to cut through bones on the slicer, as it will damage the blade.
Can a meat slicer cut through bone?
Meat slicers are not designed to cut through bone. You can use a bone saw.
Can a meat slicer cut raw meat?
Yes, a meat slicer can cut raw and cooked meat.
Can we slice a leg of lamb over a meat slicer?
No, it can cause damage to your equipment.
How often should a meat slicer be cleaned?
Clean after every four hours if you are using it continuously. You should clean your machine as frequently as possible.
(Video) Cutting through bone in Meat
A meat slicer cannot cut through a bone. Slicers are not actually designed to cut bones. They are used for slicing meat, cheese, and other products. Instead, you can use a saw or knife to cut bones.