Potato is a delicious vegetable and almost part of every dish. You can cook potatoes in so many ways and methods. Potato is widely used for making finger chips, a favourite of all age groups.
Slicing and cutting the potatoes is not an easy task. Slicing potatoes with a knife takes a lot of time. You may get tired when slicing a large number of potatoes for finger chips. It requires effort and time. A potato slicer can slice a huge quantity of potatoes in a few minutes. It is designed for heavy-duty work. Potato slicers are manual and electric ones.
Comparing the Top Potato Slicers of 2023
Manual Potato Chips Slicer Spiral Twister
- Fully food grade stainless steel constructed.
- a all stainless steel construction potato slicer which is designed for slicing twisted potato chips.
- Simple operation.
This high-quality Manual Potato Chips Slicer Spiral Twister is made from fully food-grade stainless steel, so you can be sure that it’s safe for use and will last for years to come. It has a simple operation, requiring minimal effort to use, and it also comes with low maintenance requirements.
The best thing about this Manual Potato Chips Slicer Spiral Twister is that it allows me to easily create unique twisted potato chips in no time at all. The blades are sharp enough to quickly cut through potatoes and other vegetables while still remaining safe to use. Additionally, the construction of the slicer ensures that clean cuts are made each time.
One of the biggest advantages of this Manual Potato Chips Slicer is that it can help save money in the long run since I no longer need to buy pre-made potato chips or spend money on ordering them from restaurants. Additionally, it’s small enough to fit in my kitchen cupboard without taking up too much space.
On the downside, using this Manual Potato Slicer requires more effort than using other types of potato chip makers, such as those with electric motors, which allow you to simply press a button and let the machine do all the work. Additionally, due to its manual operation, if you’re not careful when cutting potatoes or vegetables, they might end up getting squished instead of being sliced properly.
Antrade Potato Crinkle Wavy Chopper Cutter and French Fry Slicer
- 2PCS Crinkle Cutters; Size:10.8 x 9.5 cm/ 4.3" x 3.7"(L*W); Color: 1*Green, 1*Blue
- Made of 430 Stainless steel and high quality ABS plastic, durable and environment friendly.
- This knife is strong, durable and has a Stainless steel sharp blade effortless slicing to cut the potato, onion, tomato, lemon, etc,.
This set is perfect for making my own chips, fries, and vegetable slices at home. The blades are made from 430 stainless steel and high-quality ABS plastic, making them incredibly durable and able to withstand a lot of use.
Antrade Potato Chopper is easy to use and makes short work of slicing potatoes, onions, tomatoes, lemons, and more. You can create fun, healthy snacks or fancy garnishes for food presentation in no time at all.
The size of each cutter is 10.8 x 9.5 cm (4.3″ x 3.7″) (L*W), which is the perfect size for hand-made potato chips and other vegetable slices. Cleanup is also a breeze—just rinse with water after using it, and you’re ready to go again!
Antrade Potato Slicer also has some downsides that you should be aware of before buying it; one being that it’s not suitable for hard vegetables like carrots, as they may damage the blade if used too often or with too much force. Also, it may take some practice to get used to the movement of the blades; once you get the hang of it, you won’t have any problems!
Sopito Professional Potato Cutter
- HIGH QUALITY BLADE: Made of high quality stainless steel, robust, restaurant-grade blade engineered for years of use., slice fast and easy to use, just with little effort for cutting the potato, carrots, cucumbers, eggplant, onion into 1/2 inch thick strip.
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE DESIGN: Extended handle makes everything easier to make homemade fries. With a single lever action you can squeeze through potatoes with ease.
- NO NEED TO QUARTER OR HALF CUT THE POTATOES: The cutter box can takes 5.58*3.51inch potatoes, the capacity of this cutter is big enough for most potatoes, sweet potatoes and other vegetables. Cuts the entire potato in one go.
Sopito Professional Potato Cutter is perfect for creating vegetable chips, julienned potatoes, or even slicing fruits like apples and oranges.
Sopito Professional Potato Slicer is made of durable stainless steel and has two different blades: one for thick slices and one for thin slices. It also comes with two interchangeable heads that allow you to easily select the size of the cut. The handle is ergonomically designed so that it feels comfortable in your hand, even when slicing tough vegetables like potatoes.
The biggest advantage of Sopito Professional Potato Chopper is that it makes perfect French fries every time! It cuts through the potato quickly and neatly, without any jagged edges or uneven pieces. Additionally, because of its strong construction, this cutter won’t dull or break easily like some other models do.
However, there are some downsides to this product as well. One thing I noticed right away was that it takes up a lot of counter space to use properly, so if you have a small kitchen, you might not be able to fit this cutter on the countertop comfortably. Additionally, because it uses sharp blades, care must be taken when cleaning and storing the cutter so as not to injure oneself during use.
CGOLDENWALL 3 in 1 Manual Tornado Potato Slicer Spiral Potato Cutter and Twister
- 3 in 1 Twisted Potato Slicer: This machine can cut potatoes into spiral potato chips, curly fries, potatoes wrapping around hot dogs, which will add special dishes to your shop and satisfy different needs of your customers. It is a great product to use at home, restaurants and hotels.
- Applicable Vegetables: Not only for cutting potatoes, white radishes, carrots, cucumbers can all be sliced with our machine. And the thickness of slice is about 2mm.
- Full Stainless Steel: The tornado potato slicer adopts thicker stainless steel of high quality, avoiding rust, and durable enough. Also, it is safe, environment friendly and easy to clean.
CGOLDENWALL 3 in 1 Manual Tornado Potato Slicer is great for adding special dishes to your shop or home, such as spiral potato chips, curly fries, and potatoes wrapped around hot dogs. Other vegetables, such as white radishes, carrots, and cucumbers, can also be sliced into 2mm-thick slices.
The Tornado potato slicer is made with high-quality, thicker stainless steel, which not only looks great but also helps prevent rust and makes it durable enough to last for a long time. This machine is safe, environment-friendly, and easy to clean thanks to its smooth stainless steel material. Plus, it’s incredibly user-friendly because all you have to do is rotate the handle in order for the cutting process to begin!
One advantage of using CGOLDENWALL 3 in 1 Manual Spiral Potato Slicer is that it allows you to quickly create a variety of shapes from your vegetables without having to spend too much time on the task. The price point of this product is also very reasonable considering that you are getting a quality product that won’t rust or break down easily. In addition, its smaller size means that you don’t need a lot of counter space in order to use the product.
My only downside would be that if you want finer cuts from your vegetables, then this may not be the best slicer for you since it creates 2 mm-thick slices. Also, for larger batches of vegetables, there may be some difficulty trying to get them all cut at once since there isn’t an adjustable thickness setting on this machine.
POP AirFry Mate, Stainless Steel French Fry Cutter Vegetable and Potato Slicer
- MULTIPURPOSE: Now you can get restaurant-quality fries right at home! Comes with two interchangeable blades that perfectly cut 1/2" thick or 3/8" thin - 3" long pieces of fries. Perfect at cutting potatoes, and carrots. Also, great for prepping vegetables like onions, zucchinis, cucumbers. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR SWEET POTATOES
- EASY TO USE: Effortlessly prep your fries and vegetables. Our heavy-duty pulldown lever firmly presses your potato through the sharp stainless steel blades. Built with sturdy legs and suction cup base for optimal leverage while cutting. Simply place our French fries cutter on any flat smooth surface and lock in the suction cup to prevent slippage. Locking systems ensure the blades don't move while cutting for a consistent cut.
- COMPACT, DURABLE, AND EASY TO CLEAN: Compact design (10 inches by 5 inches) takes up minimal space in your kitchen. Stainless steel material and commercial grade lever are designed for years of use. Interchangeable blades can only be inserted one way preventing any unintentional misuse or damage. Dishwasher safe and can quickly be washed with soap and water.
Using POP AirFry Mate French Fry Cutter is effortless; it comes with a heavy-duty pulldown lever that firmly presses the potato through sharp stainless steel blades. There are two interchangeable blades included, which helps you get the perfect 1/2″ thick or 3/8″ thin, 3″ long pieces of fries. Not only that, but it’s great for prepping vegetables like onions, zucchini, and cucumbers too! The product also includes sturdy legs and a suction cup base for optimal leverage while cutting, and a locking system ensures that the blades don’t come loose.
The advantages of POP AirFry Mate Potato Slicer are clear: it’s easy to use, has two interchangeable blades that help you make restaurant-quality French fries at home in no time, is great for prepping vegetables, has sturdy legs and a suction cup base for leverage while cutting, plus a locking system so the blades don’t come out of place. On top of all that, it’s made from durable stainless steel, making sure your investment lasts a long time!
The only downside I can think of is that it isn’t recommended for sweet potatoes since they are usually softer than regular potatoes. If you’re more partial to sweet potatoes, then look elsewhere; otherwise, this is an excellent choice if you want to make delicious homemade french fries and vegetables quickly and easily!
French Fry Cutter, Professional Home Style Potato Slicer
- 🥔 Cut in One Second - The french fry cutter are engineered 2 ultra-sharp 420-grade hardened surgical durable stainless steel blades, to make cutting like a breeze. Plus, the container gets meal prep no longer messy.
- 🥔 Premium Material - The potato cutter is made of the highest food grade ABS without BPA material, which ensures the safety and health of the dishes made.
- 🥔 Not Only Fry Cutter But Also Apple slicer - Just one press can get the quick fries and cut the apple or other fruits into 8 pieces by the fry blade and wedge blade.
The French Fry Cutter, Professional Home Style Potato Cutter, Fry Cutter, Onion Chopper, Apple Slicer, Corer Great for Potatoes and Carrots Cucumbers are an ideal tool for anyone who loves to make and enjoy homemade fries. Its sharp stainless steel blades efficiently cut potatoes into uniform slices, which can then be easily cooked or frozen for later use. The chopper is also great for chopping onions, apples, and other vegetables with ease.
The chopper’s ergonomic design makes it comfortable to use and provides a secure grip. The handles are sturdy, so you feel in control of the slicing action. Plus, the wide base allows you to chop larger vegetables without any difficulty. Clean up is easy thanks to the removable parts, which are dishwasher-safe too!
One of the advantages of this product is that it can save time when making French fries from scratch. Instead of trying to cut them by hand with a knife, you can quickly and evenly slice your potatoes using this chopper in no time at all. Additionally, it takes up minimal storage space as it folds up flat when not in use.
On the downside, users may find that it requires some effort to assemble or disassemble when needed, as some pieces need to be screwed together securely before use. Smaller potatoes may not work as well because they get stuck in between the blades during slicing – but this isn’t a big deal if you’re just looking to make a big batch of french fries.
Master Chef Hasselback Potato Slicer
- Cut potatoes quickly, easily and evenly with this tool
- Nails in the wooden dish keep your potato steady as you cut
- Stainless steel cutting guide gives you perfectly spaced cuts in your potato without any guesswork
Master Chef Hasselback Potato Slicer features nails in a wooden dish to keep your potato in place and a stainless steel cutting guide to ensure perfectly spaced cuts with no guesswork involved. You don’t even need to worry about measuring or adjusting the size of the slices; it takes care of all that for you!
As far as advantages go, this hasselback potato slicer makes it super easy to get even, consistently sized slices. The stainless steel cutting guide ensures precision and accuracy, so you can be sure that each potato will look exactly the same. Additionally, it’s incredibly fast—you can have potatoes ready for the grill in only a few minutes! And finally, with just one simple step, you can add some seasoning and have a definite crowd-pleaser on your hands.
On the downside, Master Chef Hasselback Potato Slicer does not come with any instructions, so it might take some time for first-time users to figure out how to use it correctly. Additionally, there is a risk that if you are not careful when slicing more delicate vegetables (like tomatoes), they may fall apart during slicing. Therefore, it’s important to be extra cautious when using this product on softer vegetables.
With its stainless steel cutting guide and nails in the wooden dish keeping everything steady while slicing, Master Chef Hasselback Potato Slicer will definitely make life easier in the kitchen!
Crinkle Cutter Stainless Steel Potato Slicer
- 【Anti-Rust Material】: Made of 430 stainless steel, not easy to rust, strong, and not easy to deform.
- 【Dimensions】: Length 7.3 inches, width 4.7 inches. The standard size can cut potatoes of any size, even two cucumbers at the same time.
- 【Sharp Crinkle Knife】: Sharpen the sharp edge, you can cut vegetables easily and quickly. Vegetables have a uniform wave shape. Exquisite and beautiful.
The stainless steel blade in Crinkle Cutter Stainless Steel Potato Slicer is incredibly sharp and durable, so it will stay sharp even after cutting through a variety of vegetables or fruits. The handle is ergonomically designed for maximum comfort and ease of use, making it ideal for repetitive tasks like slicing potatoes, carrots, onions, and other vegetables.
One of the biggest advantages of using Crinkle Cutter Stainless Steel Potato Slicer is that it saves you time when preparing meals; you can cut veggies in just a few seconds without having to worry about them being unevenly sliced. The uniform wavy shape also makes your dishes look more attractive and appetizing. Plus, cleaning and storage are a cinch because you can simply hang it up after use so that it stays accessible but out of the way.
On the downside, this tool isn’t suitable for cutting hard or thick pieces of fruit or vegetables, as the blade may not be able to produce an even cut. Additionally, while the handle is comfortable to use, some users might find it too short if they have large hands.
Weston French Fry Cutter Machine and Veggie Dicer , White (36-3301-W)
- RESTAURANT-QUALITY FRIES: The Weston French Fry Cutter makes perfectly uniform fries in second. Just place the potato in the Weston French fry cutter and push the handle down. Great for sweet potato fries too — just soften sweet potatoes before cutting.
- EASILY CUT & DICE VEGETABLES & FRUITS: Easily and quickly dice onions, potatoes, carrots, zucchini, and other vegetables as well as fruits like pineapples and mangos. Great for meal prep or cutting fruits and vegetables for appetizers and snacks.
- INCLUDES 2 BLADES & FOOD PUSHERS: Easily swap out the ultra-sharp, stainless steel blades and food pushers to change the size of your fries and diced pieces. The 3/8" cutting blades is great for French fries, or choose 1/2" when you want bigger dices.
Weston French Fry Cutter comes with two different blades so you can get different sizes for whatever type of food you’re cutting. The blades are ultra-sharp, so they make quick work of onions, potatoes, carrots, zucchini, and other vegetables and fruits like pineapples and mangos.
Weston French Fry Cutter is also extremely easy to use. All you have to do is place the potato in the cutter and push down on the handle. It’s ideal for meal prep or chopping fruits and vegetables for appetizers or snacks.The food pushers make it even easier, as they help ensure that everything is evenly cut.
One of the great things about Weston French Fry Cutter is that it’s extremely durable and will last a long time. The stainless steel blades are strong enough to withstand heavy use, but they’re still easy to clean when you’re done using them.
The only downside I can think of is that it doesn’t come with any recipes or instructions on how to use it properly, but that’s a minor issue in my opinion.
Helpful Information and Guide About Potato Slicer
What Is A Potato Slicer?
A potato slicer is a kitchen utensil to slice and cut potatoes in even parts. It can slice, dice, mince and chop potatoes and different types of vegetables.The potato slicer has interchangeable blades to slice in different variable cuts and shapes. They can cut potatoes in round shape, horizontally and in crinkle cut. Potato slicers are a convenient way to prepare potatoes for frying, baking, or roasting.
Potato slicers are for domestic and commercial use. It is widely used in hotels, restaurants, resorts and food corners. The most frequent use of the potato slicer is for chips and adding in multiple dishes.
How To Select A Potato Slicer?
Before buying a potato slicer, look for the below things to select the best one among all.
- Type Of Slicing: The first and most important thing is to consider what is your need for slicing? Do you want a potato slicer for fries or something else? Select the slicer which is more suitable for your work.
- Sharpness: Look for the potato slicer with sharp blades. The sharp blades can cut through potatoes with ease and work faster.
- Price: Potato slicers are available in the market from cheap to high prices. The slicer with a low price may damage earlier and not lost long. Choose the slicer with all safety features and a reasonable price.
- Safety: Potato slicer should be safe for slicing because the blades can cut your fingers. Look for the slicer with a food pusher, food guard, or protected blades.
- Shapes of blades: Three different shapes of blades come with a potato slicer. The interchangeable blades have different functions.
- Ease of use: Look for a straightforward design rather than the hard and complex design. It must be easy to use.
- Maintenance: Consider that the slicer can be clean and maintained easily. Maintenance is the important thing to look for before buying.
- Versatility: Potato slicers are versatile; they can be used for slicing hard and soft vegetables also. Consider that should you need a versatile slicer or only for slicing potatoes.
- Ease of cleaning: Choose the slicer, which is dishwasher friendly. It will save your time and effort from the extra work of cleaning the potato slicer.
How To Slice Potatoes With a Slicer?
When slicing potatoes with a potato slicer, it is important first to wash and dry the potato. Cut off and remove any bad spots or eyes on the potato. Cut the potato in half so that it will fit into the slicer. Slice the potatoes on a slicer applying the given method.
- Step 1:Place the potato slicer on a cutting board or another stable surface.
- Step 2:Insert the potato half into the slicer and hold it in place with one hand. Use the other hand to grip the handle firmly.
- Step 3:Start slicing potatoes by applying gentle pressure. Push the potato in a back and forth motion on the blades. Make sure that slices are thin and in your desired thickness. Otherwise, adjust the thickness.
- Step 4:Continue the slicing until the whole potato is sliced. When slicing has been finished, remove the slices from the slicer carefully.
Blades Of Potato Slicer
Thinner slices require a sharper blade, while thicker slices can be made with a duller blade.
- Straight blade: A straight blade cuts potatoes into simple slices. With straight blades, you can cut sweet potatoes and tomatoes.
- Diagonal blade: Diagonal blades do not need much force to slice potatoes. These blades are commonly used for slicing soft vegetables and fruits.
- V-shaped blade: V-shaped blades are used to slice large potatoes and vegetables. These blades can cut almost everything.
Electric Vs Manual Slicer
When it comes to slicing potatoes, there are two main types of slicers: electric and manual. Each has its advantages and disadvantages.
There are a few key differences between electric and manual potato slicers. Electric slicers are much faster and safer than manual slicers. This is because they have a motor that does the slicing for you. Manual slicers require doing the slicing yourself, it requires effort, so they are much slower. Electric slicers are usually more expensive than manual slicers. This is due to their complex features and additional parts.
How To Clean Potato Slicer?
Potato slicers are one of the most versatile equipment in any kitchen. They are used daily to quickly and easily slice potatoes, carrots, onions, and other vegetables. But like any other kitchen tool, they need to be cleaned regularly to prevent the build-up of food particles and bacteria. Follow the below steps to clean the potato slicer:
- Step 1: Unplug the slicer if it is electric and disassemble it. Remove the cutting blade and any other removable parts.
- Step 2: Wash all the parts of the potato slicer in warm, soapy water. Use a brush or sponge to scrub away any stuck-on food.
- Step 3: Rinse the parts with clean water and dry them thoroughly.
- Step 4: Reassemble the slicer and plug it in. Run it for a few seconds to make sure everything is working properly.
- Step 5: Wipe down the outside of the slicer with a damp cloth.
With the simple steps above, you can keep your potato slicer clean and in good working condition.
Uses And Advantages Of Potato Slicer
Potatoes are mostly used as side dishes. There are many different uses of a potato slicer. For assistance, a potato slicer can be used for slicing homemade potato chips. Preparing chips at home is a simple and healthier alternative to store-bought or packed chips. They are fresh and much time delicious which you buy from the market.
A potato slicer can also make uniform slices of vegetables such as carrots, zucchini and onions. A potato slicer is helpful when making dishes like stir-fry or ratatouille, where all the vegetables must be the same size. It can slice vegetables, fruits and even meat.
How Do You Keep Sliced Potatoes From Turning Brown?
Sliced potatoes can turn brown for several reasons. If the potatoes are not fresh, they can turn brown as they oxidize. If the potatoes are cut too thin, they may also turn brown. To prevent sliced potatoes from turning brown, it is essential to use fresh potatoes and cut them into thick slices. If you are slicing the potatoes for more time, you can also soak them in water for a few minutes before cooking.
One method is to soak the potatoes in a solution of water and vinegar for about 30 minutes before slicing them. Another way is to brush the potatoes with olive oil before cutting them. Once the potatoes are sliced, you can also put them in a bowl of cold water until you’re ready to cook them.
How To Freeze Sliced Potatoes?
Sliced potatoes can be frozen in a few different ways; the best method will depend on how you plan to use them once they’re frozen. If you plan to use the potatoes for things like hash browns or roasted potatoes, you’ll want to freeze them in a single layer on a baking sheet.
First, slice the potatoes into the desired thickness and spread them on the baking sheet. Then, place the baking sheet in the freezer and let the potatoes freeze for a few hours. Once they are fully frozen, you can transfer them to a freezer bag or container.
If you’re planning to use the potatoes for things like mashed potatoes or soup, you can freeze them in a bag or container without pre-freezing them. Just slice the potatoes and add them to the bag or container, seal them, and put them in the freezer. When ready to use, thaw them in the fridge or cook them directly from frozen.
Can You Use A Food Processor For Slicing Potatoes?
A food processor can also slice potatoes. It can slice dice and mince potatoes and different vegetables. It should be convenient to use the food processor rather than slicing with a knife. But it is not ideal for slicing; a mandolin slicer will slice potatoes much better than a food processor. For slicing potatoes in a food processor, use the slicing blade, not the shredding blade. And take care not to over-process the potatoes, or they will turn mush.
Tips For Using A Potato Slicer
- Use a safety guard during slicing potatoes on a slicer to save your hands.
- When sliding down the mandolin, do not put much pressure.
- Make sure that the potato is peeled and washed thoroughly.
- This will help the slicer to work more effectively and produce consistent results.
- Choose the slicing blade best suited for the thickness of slices you desire.
- Always clean the potato slicer after each use to prevent the build-up of the potato leftover.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) & Facts About Potato Slicer
How do I clean the blades of the potato slicer?
It will be best to disassemble all parts to clean thoroughly. Remove the food particles from the blades, then wash by hand or place them in the dishwasher to clean the blades.
Are potato slicers easy to use?
Yes, potato slicers are pretty easy to use. You can use it without any training, skill or gaudiness.
How do you use a potato slicer?
A potato slicer can be used with ease. Wash, peel and cut the potatoes in half. Adjust the blades and all parts of the slicer. Place the potato on the slicer and slice it.
Is it necessary to peel the slicer before slicing?
It is good to wash and peel the potatoes before slicing, but it is unnecessary. It is up to you whether to peel potatoes or not.
Can you freeze peeled potatoes?
Yes, peeled potatoes can be frozen for use later. Only freeze the potatoes which are cooked fully or partially cooked. Raw potatoes have a large quantity of water. That will spoil the frozen potatoes.
Can you sharpen the blades of the potato slicer?
Yes, the blades of potato slicers can be sharpened. Instead of sharpening it yourself, refer them to any professional or replace them.
How do you thinly slice potatoes?
Potatoes can be sliced thinly in a potato slicer. Adjust the thickness size before slicing. I you do not have a slicer, you can cut potatoes with a kitchen knife.
Can you put potatoes in a food processor?
Yes, a food processor can be used to slice potatoes. All kinds of potatoes, whether ripe or firm, can be put in the food processor.
A potato slicer will help you to save time and space. You can use it for a home for families or at restaurants for business. A potato slicer will be your competent assistance everywhere. The potato slicer is very convenient to use and clean. You will enjoy using the potato slicer.