Meat slicers are a powerful kitchen tool because they promote efficiency, and you can get consistent results. Instead of meat, different vegetables such as cucumber, cabbage, onion for salads, and cheese can also be sliced on slicers. From lunch sandwiches to a large family gathering, a meat slicer can handle the task.
- 1 Can you Use a Meat Slicer to Cut Vegetables?
- 2 Vegetables Prepping/Cutting Before Slicing
- 3 Points to be Remembered for Slicing Vegetables using a Meat Slicer
- 4 What fruits and Vegetables should not be Sliced using a Meat Slicer?
- 5 FAQ’s
- 6 Conclusion
Can you Use a Meat Slicer to Cut Vegetables?
Meat slicers can be used for more than just meat. It can be used for more than just meats. It is a handy tool for cutting thin, uniform, perfect slices. For example, you can cut potatoes for chips, cabbage, onion, cucumber, and lettuce for salads and sandwiches. You can also cut tomatoes, pumpkin, zucchini, eggplants, etc. It can make the cutting task easier and quicker. Also, don’t cut cooked vegetables.
Vegetables Prepping/Cutting Before Slicing
Before slicing, make sure the vegetables meet the required size parameters. If your vegetable is in the right size, you can slice it properly. Otherwise, it will be hard if you can’t cut it.
- Step 1: Wash the vegetables and if they are too large, cut them in half.
- Step 2: Put them on the surface area and turn on the slicer. Make sure the vegetables sit firmly on a slicer. Adjust the thickness by rotating the knob.
- Step 3: Push vegetables on the surface gently. Check the thickness of the first slice, then make changes if needed.
- Step 4: When you are done, turn off the slicer.
Points to be Remembered for Slicing Vegetables using a Meat Slicer
- Unplug the slicer when cleaning.
- Push unscrew knob to release blade cover.
- Gently release blades carefully.
- Sharpen the blades 1-2 times every year.
- Always wipe the machine with a soapy damp cloth.
- Dry machine completely after cleaning.
What fruits and Vegetables should not be Sliced using a Meat Slicer?
You should avoid cutting fully frozen food and non-food items. It’s important to remember that mat slicers are not designed to cut big seeds from food like mango, coconut, avocado, and large vegetables. Cut in half the large vegetables. Slicers also can’t cut through bones.
Can I cut vegetables on a meat slicer?
Yes, you can cut thin slices of vegetables on a meat slicer.
Which vegetables can be sliced on a meat slicer?
You can slice onion, cucumber, cabbage, radish, and other vegetables for salad.
What is the thickness size of the slicer?
It is super easy to slice from paper-thin cut to approximately 15 mm.
What other things can we slice on it?
Meat slicer is ideal for slicing cheese, bread, fruit, and vegetables in a minute.
Can you cut tomatoes on a meat slicer?
Yes, you can also cut tomatoes on it.
Video: Slicing Different Food Items using a Meat Slicer
Slicing vegetables on a meat slicer is not tricky. It is easy and convenient when you follow the guideline. Slice your veggies, cheese, and fruits, save your time and get the best results.