Meat slicers are used for cutting and slicing meat, cheese and different vegetables. After frequent use, the blades become dull and need sharpening and cleanliness. For cleaning and removing, you must have proper information about all parts of the meat slicer and make sure how to open and reassemble the parts of the meat slicer in their exact place.
When to Remove Meat Slicer Blades?
Remove the blades when you want to clean or sharpen your meat slicer. Whether your slicer is manual or electric clean it thoroughly and regularly for better results. Remove when they stop spinning and become dull.
How to Remove and Change Meat Slicer Blades?
- STEP 1: Set the slicer’s thickness knob at zero. Make sure that your food preparation area is free from clutter and other food containments.
- STEP 2: Put the slicer on a solid shelf, table, or bench at a good working height. Wear safety gloves, unscrew the carriage knob and pull the carriage towards you.
- STEP 3: Remove the food carriage and set it aside for cleaning. Then remove the center plate by unscrewing the knob.
- STEP 4: With the help of a soft cloth, wipe all parts of the meat slicer machine. Reassemble all parts after cleaning. Change the blades if they become dull and not working. Slot the blade removal tool on the blade, making sure it sits firmly on it.
- STEP 5: Reload the blades in the blade removal tool. Hold the outer handle with one hand, gently rotate the central handle a quarter turn anticlockwise, and lift the blade removal tool. The blade will be safely held by the tool.
- STEP 6: Replace the central plate and meat carriage. Make sure all the parts are fully adjusted in their exact places.
Remember while Removing and Changing Meat Slicer Blades
- Only use a meat slicer if you have been properly trained.
- Always read the operating manual before changing blades.
- Make sure all the guards and safety features are in place and working properly.
- Check the power cord for damage.
- The blades are extremely sharp; handle with care.
- Sharpen the blades 1-2 times per year.
- Clean the meat slicer thoroughly after using and dry fully it.
- Never use a dishwasher to wash parts or blades of the slicer.
- Clean the blades before sharpening.
- Only use the manufacturer’s lubricant oil for the slicer.
Video: Meat Slicer Blade Change
Can we get a new Blade if the Original one gets defected?
The manufacturer will give you a new one if you contact them.
Is the blade removable and dishwasher safe?
Yes the Blade can be removed. Removing the Blade may need technical knowledge. Only wash plastic parts of slicers in the upper rack of a dishwasher.
Does it fold down for storage?
No, It does not fold down. Put it back in the original box for storage.
Why is the blade serrated vs a clean blade cut?
The blade is serrated to help you to cut through frozen meat.
What direction does the blade spin?
The Blade spins in Clockwise direction. It can differ too as per the Models.
Blades are the most essential and central part of a meat slicer. You can remove and change them easily at home if they become dull or dirty. Ensure you follow the safety tips and tricks during the removal and instalment process.