Biltong is dried meat of chicken, beef, fish, or mutton. It is dried in air and spices or used to make it delicious. It is an old way to store extra meat for the future. Biltong originated in the South African countries.
It is pretty difficult to slice and cut when meat is dried. A butcher’s knife can cut the biltong, but it will still be difficult to cut perfectly. A biltong slicer is a perfect tool to cut dried meat easily.
Biltong slicers come in a variety of types. Some are hand-held, and some are electric. Slicers will provide consistency to cut. Biltong slicer can also be used for slicing vegetables, cheese, and other types of meat.
Comparing the Top Biltong Cutter, Knives and Slicers of 2023
Ultra Tec Biltong-Pro radiused Cutter with Magnetic Stainless Steel Tray
- Finest quality stainless steel blade - Precision bearing guides keep blade perfectly aligned with the cutting edge
- Unique design facilitates fine slicing with both a simultaneous cutting and rolling, shearing action
- Radiused base ensures food items gravitate in the centre of the cutting area
This Ultra Tec Biltong-Pro radiused Cutter with Magnetic Stainless Steel Tray is a great addition to any kitchen tool set. It’s made with the finest quality stainless steel blade, precision bearing guides and a unique design that facilitates fine slicing with both simultaneous cutting and rolling, shearing action. The radiated base helps food items gravitate towards the center of the cutting area, while the large stainless steel serving tray attaches magnetically and conveniently stores on the underside of the base. The stylish wooden base features non-slip super-grip pads for added safety.
This product is ideal for people who are looking for an efficient way to slice fine cuts of meat such as biltong or jerky. It also works great for slicing cheese, vegetables, fruits and other deli items. The ergonomic design allows you to have a comfortable grip when using it and the non-slip pads ensure your safety while using it at all times. Additionally, its lightweight construction ensures that it’s easy to carry around without adding too much weight to your kitchen countertop.
The advantages of this product are numerous; from providing superior precision cutting power to efficient storage solutions, this product is perfect for any aspiring chef or BBQ enthusiast. It can be used in virtually any kind of environment including outdoors which makes it an extremely versatile tool in anyone’s kitchen arsenal. Plus its attractive design adds a touch of class to any kitchen décor making it an attractive addition to any modern kitchen setting.
The downsides to this product are minimal but should still be taken into consideration by potential buyers; firstly it does require specialised cleaning and maintenance in order to keep its high standards over time which may not be suitable for some users wanting only basic usage out of their products. Secondly, as mentioned earlier in its ergonomic design, some users may find it difficult to control due its slippery surface if they do not make sure they have a strong grip when using it at all times – although this is easily avoided by being careful when handling it at all times during use..
Overall, this Ultra Tec Biltong-Pro radiused Cutter with Magnetic Stainless Steel Tray is a must-have item for anyone who takes their cooking seriously and wants superior precision slicing capabilities in their own home kitchens or outdoor BBQs. With its elegant yet durable design, high quality stainless steel blades and ergonomic handle design – no one will ever be disappointed by investing in this fantastic product!
Radiused Biltong Slicer with Detachable Magnetic Tray
The Radiused Biltong Slicer with Detachable Magnetic Tray is an amazing tool for anyone who enjoys making biltong. With its sharpness and precision, it makes cutting paper-thin biltong slices a breeze. The detachable magnetic tray is also a great feature that not only catches the small pieces but also helps make slicing easier since it holds the meat steady. It’s very easy to use, and cleaning is simple and straightforward. This product has saved us time and effort in making biltong, and I highly recommend it!
The advantages of this slicer are numerous. Not only is the design very sturdy and well built to last, but the sharp stainless steel blade allows for thin cuts that would be hard to achieve otherwise. In addition, the detachable magnetic tray makes slicing safer as it keeps your fingers away from the blade’s edge while still allowing you to have control over how thinly cut each slice is. This slicer can also double as a beef speck cutter, which adds even more value to this device.
While there really aren’t any downsides to using this product, some may find that they need some practice before getting used to its features. Additionally, with such a sharp blade, caution should always be taken when handling it, so keeping the protective cover on whenever possible is advised.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this Radiused Biltong Slicer with Detachable Magnetic Tray – it’s saved us so much time in creating delicious biltong snacks, and we’re grateful for its quality construction and ease of use.
Stryve Biltong Slicer
- SHARP CURVED BLADE - Restaurant-grade Kitchen DAO slicer with curved stainless steel blade for effortless paper-thin cuts
- SOLID AND DURABLE - Wood base and handle for quality grip with a convenient curved cutting surface that allows for clean and easy slicing
- ANTI-SLIP GRIP - Rubber non-slip pads for easy and safe control
This Stryve Biltong Slicer is an incredibly useful kitchen tool for anyone who loves biltong or enjoys meal prep. Its sharp, curved blade makes it easy to get paper-thin cuts with minimal effort and its solid wood base and handle provide a secure grip for safe control. Additionally, the removable stainless steel tray allows for quick and easy cleaning after use.
The convenience of this slicer can’t be overstated; you can quickly dice up biltong, cheese, vegetables, fruits, and herbs with ease. The anti-slip rubber pads help ensure consistent slicing every time. And if you’re looking to make some soupies, this slicer will do the trick!
In my opinion, one of the best advantages of this slicer is that it’s very durable and long lasting. The stainless steel blade is sharp enough to easily slice through whatever ingredient you might need without any problems, but I’ve only been using it for a week so I’m not sure how long it will stay sharp.
My only downside would be that although the design is simple and easy to use, there isn’t much in terms of advanced features or anything like that. It’s definitely a great product overall though and I’d definitely recommend it to anyone looking for an effective way to prepare their favorite dishes!
Moongiantgo Biltong Slicer Beef Jerky Cutter with Built-in Knife Sharpener
- Durable High Quality Knife - The knife body is made of 3Cr14 stainless steel, which is corrosion-resistant and not easy to rust. The sharp blade can cut all kinds of food quickly and simply.
- Built-in Knife Sharpener - This biltong slicer is equipped with a sharpener, also suitable for other knives. Put the blade in the middle of the sharpener and pull back and forth to sharpen the blade quickly!
- Detachable Knife Design & Small Wrench - Using the wrench to remove the screws can turn the manual slicer into a independent kitchen knife and cutting board, easy to operate and clean.
The Moongiantgo Biltong Slicer is a must-have kitchen tool for anyone wanting to make deli-style meats and fruits at home. It’s made of high quality 3Cr14 stainless steel, which makes it corrosion resistant and durable. The built-in knife sharpener allows for quick sharpening of any other knives, so you don’t have to worry about dull blades ruining the perfect slices. The detachable design also means that you can use the slicer as an independent kitchen knife and cutting board, which is great for easy cleaning and portability. Lastly, the solid wood base ensures that food doesn’t stick while slicing nougat or rice cake.
The main advantage of using this slicer is its versatility; it can be used to cut all sorts of meat, vegetables and fruits with ease. With its built-in knife sharpener and detachable design, it also offers convenience in being able to sharpen knives or easily disassemble for easy storage or transport. In addition, the rubber wood base helps prevent food from sticking when slicing sticky items like nougat or pastry.
A potential downside of the Moongiantgo Biltong Slicer is its price tag; at around $30USD it might seem expensive compared to other slicers on the market. Additionally, some users may find it difficult to clean in comparison to simple plastic models due to its many small parts that need to be taken apart.
All in all though, if you’re looking for a reliable slicer that’s made with high quality materials and offers versatile usability then Moongiantgo Biltong Slicer Beef Jerky Cutter with Built-in Knife Sharpener Manual Meat Slicer Rubber Wood Base is a great choice!
Billy Buckskin Original Biltong Cutter | Biltong Slicer for Beef Biltong Slabs | Made in the USA
- SOUTH AFRICAN STYLE BILTONG CUTTER - The Billy Buckskin biltong slab cutter was designed by biltong lovers from years of experience eating and cutting genuine South African biltong
- QUALITY OAK WOOD - Made from high-quality red oak, the Billy Buckskin biltong cutter will be your best biltong buddy! The wood is hard enough to properly cut the biltong without getting badly gouged
- REMOVABLE BLADE - The Billy Buckskin biltong slicer was designed to be practical. The blade can be removed for sharpening, and cleaning, or used separately from the cutting block. Don't run the risk of cutting your hands trying to clean the blade while it is still attached. The blade attaches with a wingnut so it is super easy to remove with no tools required
Billy Buckskin’s Original Biltong Cutter is an ideal tool for anyone who enjoys the popular South African treat. Made from high-quality red oak, this biltong slicer is sure to be a long-term kitchen companion. The removable blade makes it easy to clean and sharpen, and ensures that you won’t risk cutting yourself during cleaning. It also allows you to easily switch between slicing thin or thick cuts of biltong or jerky.
The Billy Buckskin Biltong Slab Cutter was designed with years of experience in mind, so it will stand up to frequent use. Whether you’re slicing biltong for a snack or making homemade jerky, this biltong cutter will provide a consistent cut every time. It’s also sturdy enough to last a lifetime and has been made in the USA so you can trust its quality.
The biggest advantage of the Billy Buckskin Biltong Slab Cutter is that it’s incredibly easy to use. Just place your slab of biltong on the cutting block, attach the blade and start slicing away! The included wingnut makes it easy to remove the blade when necessary – no more struggling with trying to detach it while still attached! The high-quality wood ensures that your cuts will be precise, so there won’t be any waste [not wasting] due to uneven slices.
While there are many advantages to using the Billy Buckskin Bilton Slab Cutter, there are also some downsides. If you’re looking for a cutter capable of cutting very thin slices (less than 1mm thick), this one may not be suitable as it can only cut medium thicknesses at best. Additionally, while the oak wood construction provides durability and precision cuts, it isn’t dishwasher safe so cleaning must be done by hand.
Overall, if you’re looking for an affordable solution for your biltong-slicing needs then Billy Buckskin’s Original Bilton Cutter is worth considering. With its robust construction and removable blade design, this slicer offers convenience and reliability at an excellent price point .
LANUEVA Biltong Slicer, Manual Beef Jerky Cutter with Detachable Knife
- MULTIPURPOSE BILTONG CUTTER Anything you cut with a knife can be cut with this manual cutter. It not only can slice deli meat, biltong, ham, bologna, prosciutto, beef jerky, bacon, hard veggies and fruits, but also the knife can be removed and used as an independent kitchen knife.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE & COMPACT SIZE A small multi-size wrench tool is stored in the groove on the side, which helps install/remove the knife. The rubber wooden board is 8.66" x 7.09" and the 30CR13 stainless steel knife is 11.5" including non-slip handle, compact size makes it easy to store.
- DETACHABLE DESIGN & EASY TO CLEAN Clean-up is easy and fast. All parts can be rinsed by water directly and dry every part after each use! Regular oiling can prevent parts from rusting and prevent the wood drying out, warping or cracking. [Only the removable knife is dishwasher safe.]
The LANUEVA Biltong Slicer is an incredibly versatile kitchen tool that makes slicing and cutting biltong, deli meats, prosciutto, beef jerky and more easy and efficient. It features a detachable knife with a built-in sharpener for fine-tuned precision cutting. The rubber wooden board provides a sturdy base while the 30CR13 stainless steel blade ensures durability and corrosion-resistance.
This slicer is incredibly easy to assemble with the small multi-size wrench tool stored in the side groove of the board. Its compact size makes it ideal for both home and professional use. Clean up is effortless as all parts can be rinsed under water directly for hygiene maintenance.
From a user perspective, the LANUEVA Biltong Slicer is great for those who want to save time on food preparation as it allows them to quickly slice through tough meats like deli meat, biltong, ham, bacon and more with precise cuts every time. It also doubles as an independent kitchen knife which helps reduce clutter in the kitchen drawers. The main downside would be that some users may find its size slightly too small when dealing with larger cuts of meat or produce.
In summary, if you’re looking for an efficient multi-purpose slicer that helps you get through tough cuts of food quickly and easily without compromising on quality then the LANUEVA Biltong Slicer is definitely worth considering.
Moongiantgo Manual Frozen Meat Slicer
- PROFESSIONAL DOUBLE BLADE DESIGN - The integrated straight knife can reduce the effort required to chop bones/ribs, and the scimitar below can more easily complete the slicing work! An excellent manual meat cutting machine!
- BEST FOR - This manual meat slicing machine is best for frozen meat, pet food, poultry, fish, small ribs, chine bones, lamb chops, biltong, beef jerky slab, hard herb root, corns, veggies, fruits, ginseng, etc. Suitable for home & commercial use!
- TIPS - 1. This small ribs chopper cannot cut large bones such as Beef Short Ribs, Trotters, Large Ribs and Bones; 2. Keep the manual ribs cutter dry after cleaning; 3. Apply a few drops of cooking oil on the blades and bearings for simple maintenance!
The Moongiantgo Manual Frozen Meat Slicer Bone Short Rib Cutter Chicken Chopper Machine 13.5 Inch Double Blade Heavy Duty Guillotine Biltong Cutter for Korean BBQ Shabu Hot Pot (KD0288) is an excellent option for anyone looking to quickly and safely slice through meat, bones, ribs, poultry, fish, and more. Its double-blade design makes cutting meats easy and effortless. The straight blade is ideal for chopping bones and ribs while the scimitar blade can more easily complete slicing tasks. This manual meat cutter is perfect for home or commercial use with frozen meats, pet food, lamb chops, beef jerky slabs, hard herb roots, corns, fruits, ginseng, and much more.
The Moongiantgo Manual Frozen Meat Slicer is designed to reduce fatigue and strain when dealing with tough cuts of meat or anything that needs to be cut into small pieces. Its ergonomic handle provides a comfortable grip as you work with it and its stainless steel construction ensures a long life span. It’s also easy to clean and maintain which helps extend its longevity even further!
One downside of this slicer is that it cannot cut large bones such as Beef Short Ribs, Trotters or Large Ribs and Bones; however this shouldn’t be too much of an issue since most people would need something like this for smaller cuts anyway. Additionally it should be kept dry after cleaning to prevent rusting or wear and tear over time.
All in all the Moongiantgo Manual Frozen Meat Slicer Bone Short Rib Cutter Chicken Chopper Machine 13.5 Inch Double Blade Heavy Duty Guillotine Biltong Cutter for Korean BBQ Shabu Hot Pot (KD0288) is a great tool that makes preparing meals easier than ever before! It’s made from high-quality materials that are sure to last many years if cared for properly and it’s easy to use which makes it perfect for both experienced cooks as well as those just starting out in the kitchen!
XYEJL Manual Stainless Steel Biltong Slicer
- ▶【STAINLESS STEEL THICK BLADE】Thick knife body makes cutting more powerful. Thick and practical materials can withstand cutting hardness. Our slicer can persist in processing medicinal materials without damaging the blade. The blade is forged and polished with 30Cr13 steel at high temperature. The blade body is more durable and the blade is sharper.
- ▶【HUMANIZED DESIGN】Balance support foot can help balance the fuselage. Our slicer can quickly cut without rollover, to meet a variety of cutting requirements.
- ▶【LABOR SAVING】Our manual slicing machine can easily cut ribs, chicken legs and other foods with bones. It is very convenient to use. For food with bones or greater hardness, please place the material near the cutter head and cut it quickly, press a little harder.
The XYEJL Manual Stainless Steel Biltong Slicer,Vegetable Food Frozen Meat Slicer Cutter Adjustable for Thickness(0.1-1mm) is an indispensable kitchen tool. It has a stainless steel blade and a humanized design that allows you to easily balance while slicing. The adjustable thickness feature is incredibly convenient. You can choose from 0.1mm up to 1mm thickness with just a few twists of the nut, offering plenty of versatility depending on your needs or preferences.
The slicer works great for cutting beef, lamb, ribs, cheese and bread, as well as other foods both hard and soft. Its balance support foot helps it remain stable while working so that you get clean cuts without rollover or spilling. It’s also surprisingly easy to use; once you adjust the nut for thickness adjustment, the rest is done in just one step.
One of the best advantages of this slicer is how quickly it can cut through food; users have reported that it slices almost everything like butter! Plus, it’s very durable and is made from high-quality materials designed to last a long time even with regular use.
As great as this slicer is though, there are some downsides worth mentioning before you buy one; first off, some reviewers have complained about its size — they said they wished it was slightly bigger or had more blades so they could slice thicker pieces of food in one go. Additionally, others noted that the handle can be uncomfortable after extended periods of use since it doesn’t have any padding or cushioning material making contact with your hand during slicing.
Overall though, the XYEJL Manual Stainless Steel Biltong Slicer does a great job when it comes to slicing different kinds of meats and vegetables quickly and efficiently. It has adjustable settings for different types of cuts and thicknesses which makes it very versatile and user-friendly. With proper care and maintenance over time this tool should definitely prove its worth in your kitchen!
Helpful Information and Guide About Biltong Slicer
What is a Biltong Slicer?
A Biltong slicer is a slicing machine used to make biltong. It is a product of South Asia. It is a handy tool with a smooth surface and sharp blades to slice biltong. It has two blades, one for thin slices and the other for thick. Biltong slicers are manual and electric. Either manual or electric, simple or everyone can operate them easily.
Why do we need a Biltong Slicer?
Meat can be cut easily with a sharp knife or chef knife if it is fresh. But when meat is dried, it will be pretty hard to slice it using a knife. Hard meat is difficult to slice; a knife cannot go through it and get stuck into the meat. A Biltong slicer is necessary to slice thin biltong pieces in equal sizes. Here are few reasons which explain why do we need a biltong slicer.
- Time Saving: Biltong slicer will save time and effort. It works fastly and evenly.
- Easy to use: Its working principle is very easy. Easy to use, handle and maintain. Place the meat and press the button; biltong will be cut in equal sizes.
- Safe: Biltong slicers are safe to use. There is less chance of getting injured. Blades are fixed to protect hands.
- Easy to clean: Slicers are much easy to clean. They have a simple design so meat and its remaining parts can be easily cleaned.
- Stainless Steel Blades: Biltong slicers have stainless steel blades that are corrosion resistant and difficult to rust. Most slicers have a sharpener that can also sharpen other knives.
- Detachable knife: Biltong slicers come with detachable-able knives. A small wrench comes in the pack to use the knife as a kitchen knife separately and attach it with the slicer again when needed.
- Versatility: Slicers are not specific for cutting biltong only. It is perfect for jerky, bacon, hard vegetables, cheese, and herbs.
Difference between jerky and biltong
Jerky is also dried meat like biltong. There is a difference between jerky and biltong. Jerky is sliced before drying the meat, so it is harder to chew. It is marinated with soya sauce to make it spicy.
Biltong is cut into small slices after drying. To prepare biltong, the whole piece of meat is dried by applying different spices. It remains soft in the middle and hard from the outer side.
Types of Biltong Slicer
Biltong slicers are of many types. They are made with different kinds of materials. Three main types of biltong slicers are following.
- Wooden Hand Cutter: Wooden hand cutters are frequently used at homes for cutting. The main parts of this slicer are the handle to hold the slicer, the cutting board, and stainless steel blades. It is easy to use and handle. For slicing biltong, place the meat on the cutting surface. Line using blades and then press down the handle. The meat will be cut into equal slices.
- Hand/manual Biltong Multi Slicer: Hand slicers are best for cutting biltong in even thin slices. It is a simple machine with a straightforward design. It looks like a wheel consisting of sharp disk shape blades and a biltong catcher. For better results, it will be good to select a balanced surface or countertop to put a slicer on it. If the surface will smooth, the slicer will keep firmly in its place; it will be easy to handle the slicer for slicing; place the piece of biltong under the blade and start rotating the handle. For adjustment, there is a screw to cut or slice biltong.
- Electric Biltong Slicer: The electric biltong slicer is used to perform heavy-duty work. It is used in restaurants and preparing meat in large quantities to slice quickly and save time. It is not difficult to use as it looks. It requires a flat and straight surface to put. It has a start button to start the slicing procedure. The machine will slice biltong in a short time.
What to Look for in a Biltong Cutter?
Before buying a biltong slicer, look for the following points to select the best one.
- Warranty: Warranty is the most important thing to look for buying a slicer. Prefer slicers with at least a one or two-year warranty.
- Brand: Brand is also essential to look for. Always prefer top quality brands as you can get latter the replacements parts like blades easily. There will be no need to invest again for the whole machine, which low-quality brands do not offers.
- Material: Choose durable material. If you are looking for a wood slicer, check the wood quality. For an electric slicer, material matter most.
- Size: Select the size according to your needs. For use in the home, small slicers will best adjust on the kitchen counter. Heavy-duty work, and for restaurants, large slicers will be perfect.
- Blade sharpeners: Select the slicer with a sharpener to sharpen the blades. It will help you a lot. Blades can be easily sharpened with sharpeners at home.
Biltong Cutter’s Safety Precautions
Safety precautions will keep you away from injuries, and you can get the most out of biltong slicers. Read the following tips thoroughly.
- Always place the slicer on a flat surface.
- Prefer to wash blades with hands.
- Before using the machine, assemble all the parts and make sure they are in proper condition and able to work.
- Clean the slicer immediately after use.
- Blades are sharp, so do not allow kids to use them.
- Never operate the electric slicer with wet hands.
How do I Slice Biltong using Knife?
You can slice biltong with a sharp knife. It would help if you had some practice and a good cutting board for cutting with a knife. A wooden cutting board will be best for cutting with a knife. Wooden boards are hygienic and easy to handle. Cut into thin and small slices.
- Step 1: Turn on the slicer if it is electric.
- Step 2: Place the meat on the cutting surface.
- Step 3: Push the button or rotate the wheel to slice.
- Step 4: Start slicing from one side of the meat and cut the whole biltong.
Using Biltong Slicer
A Biltong slicer is used to cut biltong to store it. Use the biltong slicer by placing a piece of biltong on the cutting surface. Press the plunger down, apply the pressure and pull back. Repeat the process to achieve the desired thickness.
How to cut Biltong Super Thin?
Supper thin cuts of biltong will dry quickly. Place meat in the freezer for one hour to give it a good texture. It is the best way to cut biltong super thin.
How can we cut hard biltong?
For cutting hard biltong, put biltong on the cutting board. Hold it firmly so that it can be cut in equal sizes. Start slicing from one side, and cut into super thin slices. Cut all the biltong to the other end.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) & Facts About Biltong Slicer
What is the temperature at which biltong can be dried?
The temperature to dry biltong should be around 35 degrees. It depends on the need. For different meats temperature can be less or more.
Does it pretty easy to sharpen biltong slicer blades?
Yes, blades are easy to sharp. Hold the sharpening knife or stone at a vertical position for sharpening blades. Run the blades and apply light pressure on the blade. Sharpen for a few minutes until you make sure that the blades are sharpened. After sharpening, clean the blades thoroughly before storing.
Can I wash the slicer in the dishwasher?
Yes, the biltong slicer can be washed in the dishwasher. The stainless steel tray of slicers can be placed in the dishwasher. At the same time, the other wooden parts and blades are advised to wash and cleaned by hand. For cleaning, use a kitchen towel or a damp cloth.
How do you clean metal parts in the best way?
Clean the metal parts with soapy water. Blades are very sharp so protect your hands during cleaning. It is recommended to wash the surface of the cutting with a sterilizer to keep it hygienic and germ-free. Use an Allen key to remove the blade from the slicer.
Can I cut meet Carpaccio with biltong slicer?
Carpaccio can be cut with biltong slicer. Cut the Carpaccio on slicer like you cut biltong.
Can a biltong slicer be used as a cheese cutter?
Yes, a biltong slicer can be used to cut cheese as well. Cheese can also be cut perfectly. The biltong slicer can be cut into very thin and large sizes. You can cut it into different thickness sizes.
Which size will be more accurate in cutting large rib bones?
Cut the biltong thinly; it will enable the biltong to dry completely.
The Biltong slicer is a revolutionary tool for slicing biltong quickly and effortlessly. This slicer is designed to slice any biltong meat. It can also be used for cutting jerky. Slicers are made with strong and durable material for a long time. They are easy to use and clean. Biltong slicers are a perfect addition to your kitchen.
John Hebdon is a food enthusiast, passionate chef, and author of various articles and blog posts related to food and cooking. With a deep love for all things culinary, John’s blog serves as a platform to share his extensive kitchen experiences with a broader audience.
In addition to his culinary expertise, John has a flair for writing and a natural ability to share his passion for food with others. His articles and blog posts are informative, engaging, and packed with practical tips for readers of all skill levels.
As a food enthusiast and writer, John is always on the lookout for new and exciting culinary experiences. Whether it’s trying out a new restaurant, experimenting with a new recipe, or simply sharing a favorite dish with friends and family, John is always eager to explore and share the world of food with others.