Deli slicers are used in homes, restaurants, and butcher shops for slicing meat and cheese for sandwiches. A Deli food slicer can also be used to slice vegetables, such as cucumber, onion, zucchini, fruits, bread, and cakes. Deli slicers are in both varieties, manual and automatic. Its powerful motor helps your operation run faster and easier, and its blades deliver clean slices.
Deli Slicers Problems, Troubleshooting and Repairs
- Slicer is not turning on: When the slicer does not turn on, it can be due to a switch or power cord problem.
- Check the power switch.
- Make sure you have plugged the cord correctly.
- Check the motor for damage.
- Make sure that the slicer is thoroughly clean.
- Slicer is not running: If your slicer is not running while you have plugged it on, it means the slicer can become jammed. The blades can be loose or dull, and the slicer is clogged with food. There can be several possible reasons.
- Firstly, make sure you have adjusted the right thickness and changed if they need adjustment.
- Start the motor for a few minutes before slicing so it can be able to slice.
- Check the blades and sharpen them if needed.
- Slicing dull: If your deli slicer is producing rough and dull slices, you have selected the wrong blades. Choose the correct size of the blade. Slicer has a variety of blades from small to extra large for different lengths of slices.
- Making noise: The following reasons can be behind the noise of the motor.
- The motor is overworked.
- The teeth of the gear motor are damaged and need to replace.
- The motor needs to be repaired.
- The slicer needs to be cleaned.
- You have to lubricate the slicer.
Precautions to Avoid Deli Slicer Problems
- Choose a flat working surface.
- Do not cut too hard food like frozen meat or bones.
- Wipe with a dry cloth.
- Keep the appliance in a cool, dry place.
- Before storage, ensure that unit is completely cool and dry.
- Never push the food you want to cut with your fingers.
- Carefully remove the blades using a glove.
- Fruit should be free of seeds.
- Before changing accessories switch off the appliance.
Is this slicer’s motor belt or gear driven?
This slicer is gear-driven.
Can I cut through bones?
You will not cut through bones since it’s a home use slicer.
The blades squeal against the rubber stop when pressure is applied; how to stop the blades from squealing?
Take off the blade and use a little WD40 carefully.
How to keep meat from sticking to the blade?
When slicing meat, does not apply much pressure on the blade.
Can I slice cooked turkey or chicken breast for sandwiches?
Yes, but you have left the turkey or chicken to cool off and use the correct blade for slicing.
Deli Slicers Working Explained in a Video
For finding and fixing troubleshooting, you must have specific skills and a good grasp of fixing the problem. You must know how to use and clean the deli slicer to get the most out of it.