Apple is a delicious and incredibly nutritious fruit. Apples have many health benefits because they contain a large number of fibres and antioxidants. “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” this proverb can bitterly explain the importance of apples.
Sling and peeling apples take time and effort. You cannot slice apples of the same thickness with a knife. When you have to slice apples in large quantities for gatherings, they turn brown while cutting is incomplete. It is always messy when slicing soft apples.
An apple slicer is the most effective and straightforward way to slice apples. Apple slicer is designed to slice a whole apple at once in eight or more slices. Apple slicers are very safe and convenient for slicing.
Helpful Information and Guide About Apple Slicer
What Is An Apple Slicer?
An apple slicer is a kitchen utensil that is used to slice apples. It is a handy tool that consists of a handle and a blade. The blades of the slicer are sharp and can easily cut through the skin and flesh of an apple. The handle is used to grip the apple, while the blade is used to slice it.
Apple slicer is very easy to use and is very convenient. It is also very safe to use. The blade is hidden inside the handle, so there is no risk of cutting fingers. Apple slicers are also very affordable and can be found at most stores that sell kitchen supplies. It is used to prepare apples and fruits for juices, salads and eating raw apples.
How Do You Use An Apple Slicer?
Apple slicer is a small tool with a straightforward design. It can be used ideally by following the given steps.
- Step 1: Wash the apple with fresh water and let it dry. Then, place the apple on the slicer; ensure that the blade is in the centre of the fruit.
- Step 2: Apply pressure to the slicer and a sawing motion to slice through the apple. You may need to apply a bit more pressure near the apple’s core.
- Step 3: Once the apple is sliced, remove it from the slicer. If you are not going to eat the apple right now, store it in an airtight container to prevent it from turning brown.
- Step 4: When you have finished slicing apples, wash the apple slicer with soap and water. Dry it thoroughly before storing it to prevent rusting.
What To Look For When Buying An Apple Slicer?
- Sharp and sturdy: Blades of apple slicer should be sharp and sturdy for slicing apples perfectly.
- Material: Apple slicer should be made of food-grade stainless steel blades and with a comfortable grip. The plastic should be durable and made from BPA-free material.
- Ease Of Use: The main reason for buying an apple slicer is to make easy slicing. The mechanism of the apple slicer should be simple and easy. It must also be able to slice apples in less time with less force and effort.
- Cover: An Apple slicer with a cover will be safer and best for slicing.
- Price: You have to consider the price of an apple slicer. The price can affect the performance. The slicers with cheap quality and low price will not only slice imperfectly but also damage sooner. Look for the slicer with a reasonable price and good performance.
- Easy To Clean: Ensure the slicer is easy to clean and safe for the dishwasher.
- Versatility: Apple slicer must be versatile to cut different fruits. It should not only be specific for slicing apples only.
- Warranty: The warrant of a good quality apple slicer should be at least one year.
- Size: Apple slicers having a diameter up to 5.11 inches is suitable for large size of different fruits.
- Safe: Safety should be considered a must for apple slicers. It must be safe so you can enjoy slicing without fear of injury.
How To Clean The Apple Slicer?
Cleanness of the apple slicer regularly is very important for health and maintenance. If you clean it appropriately, it will be long lost, and the blades will not damage.
- Step 1: First, disassemble the removable parts of the apple slicer. This will make it easier to clean each piece properly.
- Step 2: Next, wash all the parts with warm, soapy water. A soft sponge or brush can remove any stuck-on bits of food.
- Step 3: When the parts are clean, rinse them off with clean water and allow them to air dry.
- Step 4: Finally, reassemble the apple slicer and store it in a dry, cool place.
Tips For Using Apple Slicer
- Always check the size of the slicer because it cannot slice large apples.
- Before placing the apple slicer in the dishwasher, ensure it is safe.
- Safe your hands during slicing because the blades of the apple slicer are very sharp.
- Remove the small apple particles from the slicer with a toothbrush.
- Wash the slicer after use.
- Do not try to slice hard fruits with the apple slicer. It can damage and destroy the blades.
Comparing the Top Apple Slicers of 2023
Prepworks by Progressive 16-Slice Thin Apple Slicer & Corer, Gray White
- EASY TO USE APPLE SLICER & CORER: Quickly & easily slice & core apples into 16 even slices! This dishwasher safe Thin Apple Slicer & Corer will core & slice an entire apple with a simple push.
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: The attached safety cover, when used as a base, will push apple slices & the core clear of the blades. It's designed to protect fingers while in use & cover blades when stored.
- FOOD PREP MADE EASY: We offer kitchen accessories that make food preparation faster, easier & more enjoyable, from fruit & veggie choppers to measuring spoons & cups & collapsible storage bowls.
After using this, I’m absolutely in love with it. It’s made of a durable plastic, so it feels nice and sturdy to hold. The design is really great; it looks sleek and modern, with its gray and white coloring. I was a bit concerned that slicing my apples would be difficult, but this slicer makes the process incredibly easy. All I have to do is place the apple corer on top of the apple, press down until it reaches the core, twist it around to remove the core, then place the slicer over the top and press down. In just a few seconds, my apples are cut into perfectly even slices! It’s much faster than using a knife or cutting board.
The biggest advantage of this slicer is that it’s incredibly easy to use. I can quickly get my fruits sliced in no time at all without having to worry about uneven pieces or making a mess. Also, because of its design and materials used to make it, this product is very hygienic; there’s no need to worry about germs or bacteria transferring from one fruit to another as you slice them.
A downside of this product could be its price; some may find it too expensive for an apple slicer/corer. Also aside from having a bit more cleanup involved than some other tools due to the nature of its design. It can also leave more waste behind if you don’t slice off all four sides equally – but this was easily remedied by adjusting how much pressure I applied on each side until I got even slices every time without leaving extra pieces behind. Other than that though, this tool has been working great for me so far!
Pampered Chef Stainless Steel Apple Wedger Slicer Corer
- stainless steel heavy duty apple wedger slicer corer
- pampered chef
With its stainless steel construction, it is incredibly durable and strong – able to last for years. Additionally, the ergonomic design fits comfortably in the hand and makes it easy to use. The wedger even comes with a safety guard to protect you from any accidental cuts.
Using the Pampered Chef Stainless Steel Apple Wedger Slicer Corer is incredibly simple and straightforward, as all you have to do is place an apple on top of the wedger, hold down the safety guard and press down on the lever for quick and precise slices. Not only does it create nice, even slices but it also cores your apple at the same time so you don’t have to spend extra time doing that yourself. Clean up is also a breeze as all you need is some water or detergent and you’re good to go!
The advantages of using this product are endless. It saves me a massive amount of time when prepping apples for desserts or salads, as well as other recipes calling for apples such as pies or tarts. Its stainless steel construction also adds an extra layer of durability so I know it won’t break after only a few uses like some other brands I’ve tried before. Plus, its design is slim enough that it can store easily in kitchen drawers if needed.
On the flip side, there are a few downsides with this product too. For one thing, its blades can be quite sharp so caution should be taken when handling them; additionally, they can dull over time if not properly taken care of which could lead to unevenly cut apples or more time required for slicing them. The wedger itself may also be too large for smaller hands since it’s rather bulky and heavy compared to other products on the market today.
Newness Apple Slicer Corer, 16-Slice [Large Size]
- Upgraded: 16-Sharp Blades, just press down with both hands holding the handle and with a slight twist to quickly get 16 thin apple slices! (Please refer to the picture for operation details)
- Material: Made of food grade stainless steel blades and comfortable plastic handle. Easy to use and will last long. Easy to clean, recommended hand wash.
- Large Size: Diameter up to 5.11 inches (13 cm), suitable for many different round fruits, like apples, oranges, pear, etc. (Even with large apples)
I always wanted something that could quickly and easily slice large apples into thin slices which could be used for pies or salads. This product has exceeded my expectations!
The slicer is constructed with 16 sharp stainless steel blades and a comfortable plastic handle. It is easy to use – all you need to do is press down with both hands holding the handle and with a slight twist you will get 16 evenly thin slices of apple. The blades are also very easy to clean – simply hand wash them after each use.
The slicer is also very large – it has a diameter of up to 5.11 inches (13 cm). This makes it suitable for slicing not only apples but other round fruits like oranges and pears as well. Even larger apples can be accommodated by this slicer too. It truly has saved me time from having to manually cut these fruits myself and it’s perfect for entertaining guests or preparing fruit desserts or platters quickly.
One of the best things about this product is that it is made from high quality materials so it’s durable enough to last for years to come! I also love that it comes in a stylish red colour which looks great in my kitchen!
The main downside of this product is that it doesn’t offer any other type of blade besides the one designed to slice apples – so if you want to use this product for other types of fruits or vegetables then you won’t be able to do so without purchasing additional blades separately. Additionally, while the plastic handle offers good grip while using the slicer there may be some users who prefer metal handles instead due its sturdiness and durability over time.
SAVORLIVING Apple Slicer Upgraded Version
- ❤ Update Craft: This upgrade apple slicer has 2 welding points on each blade highly attached on the central corer ring, which means it's stronger and more durable for daily using.
- ❤ Easy Using: Choose apples no bigger than 4 inches, aim at the core and push down the slicer, slightly twist and remove the core. Then you get 12 even apple slices right away! Please use this apple cutter with caution for very hard fruits. This is a manual tools, it requires some force while slicing. For your safety, please stop forcing the slicer down if the blades were bended.
- ❤ Helpful Time Saver: Suitable for most medium-size round fruits such as apple, pear, potato,onion. No more spending so much time on cutting or slicing, save your time and effort to enjoy fruits everyday!
SAVORLIVING Apple Slicer Upgraded Version It features 4 welding points on each blade to ensure it is strong and durable, which makes it perfect for daily use. The blades are ultra sharp and can easily core through even the toughest of apples.
Using the apple slicer is extremely easy, as all you have to do is choose an apple no larger than 4 inches in diameter, aim at the core, then push down the slicer. You will then get 12 evenly sliced pieces in no time!
The only downside to this product is that it cannot be used with overly hard fruits such as green apples or guavas since it may cause deformation of the blades, so it’s best to avoid using them.
Overall users are very satisfied with this product as it saves a lot of time when it comes to slicing apples for baking pies or making a fruit salad. It also allows to make evenly sliced pieces without much effort. This product also comes with a lifetime warranty, so I know my investment will be protected in case something goes wrong with my purchase. I highly recommend this product for anyone who wants to save time while preserving their safety at the same time!
YYP Apple Slicer , Stainless Steel Upgraded
- Upgraded 16-Slice Sharp Blades - Slicer has a sharp blade that you press lightly to get 16 thin apple slices, saving you time.
- Large diameter - The YYP apple corer has a large diameter of 4.5 inches, suitable for all kinds of apples of different sizes. Effectively cored the apple and cut the apple into neat wedges. Easy and fast to complete this task.
- Stainless Steel - Made of food grade safe stainless steel, strong and durable corrosion resistant and prevent rust, safe to use.
If you are a big fan of apples in all forms and looking for an easy way to quickly slice them. This product is perfect for that!
Let’s talk about the sharpness of the blades. The 16 stainless steel blades are incredibly sharp and make slicing apples an absolute breeze. It means that you can get neat and even slices every single time – no matter what size your apple is! The large diameter of 4.5 inches also ensures that you can core whatever type of apple you have on hand – be it a small granny smith or a large pink lady.
This slicer also comes with a strong yet ergonomic plastic handle that makes gripping it easy and comfortable. The anti-slip features ensure accurate slicing every time so you won’t have to worry about dropping your precious fruit! Another great thing about this product is its rust-proof construction which makes cleaning it very simple.
One of the few downsides is that it’s not dishwasher safe so you will need to clean it by hand but this isn’t too much of an issue as long as you remember to do so after each use. Also this product only works on apples – other fruits like pears won’t fit into the corer.
SCHVUBENR 3.5 Inch Apple Slicer
- ✅ 【AMAZING APPLE SLICER】- Still struggling to cut and core apples? SCHVUBENR Red Apple Slicer has 1 Corer and 8 Super Sharp Blades. It helps you perfectly cut fruits into 8 uniform slices in one simple motion.
- ✅ 【EASY TO USE】- Choose fruits less than or equal to 3.5 inches. Aim at the core, push down the slicer to core through it, slightly twist, and get rid of the core. Then you get 8 perfect apple slices right away! The ergonomic non-slip grip will help you cut with ease.
- ✅ 【EASY TO CLEAN】- This Apple Cutter is made of commercial grade 430 stainless steel. It can be cleaned in the dishwasher. Or you can just wash it by hand, right up in a jiffy with a little soap and water. Super easy to clean and Dishwasher Safe!
The design of the apple slicer is also quite ergonomic, with an easy-to-grip handle that makes it comfortable to hold when cutting through even hard fruits like apples. The blades are made from commercial grade 430 stainless steel which makes it very durable as well as easy to clean – whether in the dishwasher or just by hand.
One great advantage of this apple slicer is that it can easily be used on fruits up to 3.5 inches in size, allowing you to make quick work of large fruits without having to cut them into smaller pieces beforehand. This can save a lot of time when getting ready for baking or cooking projects!
The only downside I’ve found so far is that when working with very soft fruits like peaches, the fruit tends to break apart more easily than when cutting firmer apples. Therefore, it’s important to choose your fruit accordingly before beginning your slicing project.
It’s also really easy to clean after use and the ergonomic design ensures comfort during use as well! The only minor downside would be its limited usability on softer varieties of fruit but other than that, I highly recommend this product for anyone looking for a reliable way to slice their apples!
SCHVUBENR 4.2 Inch Large Apple Slicer with 12 Blades
- ✅ 【AMAZING APPLE SLICER】- Still struggling to cut and core apples? SCHVUBENR Pink Apple Slicer has 1 Corer and 12 Sharp Blades. It helps you perfectly cut fruits into 12 uniform slices in one simple motion. PS: This Apple Slicer is LARGE SIZE, 4.2inch. And for safety, it is possible that the blades may not be as sharp as you thought but it does most of jobs!
- ✅ 【EASY TO USE】- Choose fruits less than or equal to 4.2 inches. Aim at the core, push down the slicer to core through it, slightly twist, and get rid of the core. Then you get 12 perfect apple slices right away! The ergonomic non-slip grip will help you cut with ease.
- ✅ 【EASY TO CLEAN】- This Apple Cutter is made of commercial grade 430 stainless steel. It can be cleaned in the dishwasher. Or you can just wash it by hand, right up in a jiffy with a little soap and water. Super easy to clean and Dishwasher Safe!
This SCHVUBENR 4.2 Inch Large Apple Slicer with 12 Blades is a great tool for anyone who loves to make apple-based recipes like pies, cobblers, and tarts. It makes the process of cutting and coring apples much easier and faster than ever before! The blades are sharp, yet safe to use, and are designed to cut through apples with ease. I found it very easy to use – all I had to do was place the apple on top of the slicer, aim at the core, push down slightly and twist, then remove the core and get perfect slices in no time.
What I love about this apple slicer is its ergonomic design which makes it comfortable to hold while slicing fruit. The non-slip grip prevents any slipping which can help ensure safety while using the slicer. I also appreciate that it is made from stainless steel which makes it durable enough to last many years with proper care. Plus, it’s dishwasher safe – so cleanup is a breeze after each use.
The main advantage of this apple slicer is that it does an excellent job at quickly cutting fruits into 12 uniform slices in one simple motion. This makes prepping for recipes much more efficient and less time consuming. Additionally, this model comes in a large size (4.2 inches) so you have more space for slicing apples or other fruits that may be larger than usual.
One downside of this product is that its blades might not be as sharp as expected – however they still get most jobs done without too much effort involved. Another minor issue I found was that some apples may not fit properly due to their size being larger than 4.2 inches; however there are other models available in different sizes if needed (the smaller size measures 3 inches).
New Star Foodservice 42887 Heavy Duty Commercial Apple Slicer
- Over-sized handles for comfort and control
- Cores and evenly slices fruit with one maneuver
- Stainless-steel blades glide easily through fruit and tough skins
The oversized handles of this slicer are really comfortable to hold and make it easy to have complete control over the device, which is great for precision slices.
It has a super sharp stainless steel blade, which easily glides through even tough fruit skins without any effort. I can core and evenly slice most fruits in one go without any hassle at all. When it’s done with its job, a simple rinse is all that’s needed for cleaning- this is such an advantage compared to other products as there are no nooks or crannies for food particles to get stuck in, making it really hygienic. Plus, the non-stick finish makes wiping down a breeze and you can also pop it into the dishwasher too!
In terms of size, it measures 6.7″ L x 4.4″ W x 1.7″ H which is quite compact and easy to store away if I don’t need frequent use of it. This means that You don’t have to take up space on my countertop with bulky gadgets either! Additionally, its powder coating finish gives a nice touch to the product with its aesthetically pleasing design- perfect for modern kitchens!
It does the job perfectly without any mess or fuss- just what you need from an apple corer! The only downside might be that due its size, some larger fruits may not fit inside but this certainly hasn’t been a problem for me yet!
PrepWorks by Progressive Apple Slicer
- EASY-TO-USE SLICER: Apple slicer appliance that allows users to quickly and efficiently slice and core apples into 16 even slices
- SLICES AND CORES IN SECONDS: With the push of a button, users can slice and core an apple in seconds
- COMES WITH SAFETY COVER: Equipped with an attached safety cover that helps protect fingers during the slicing and coring process
Overall, the PrepWorks by Progressive Dishwasher Safe 16-Slice Thin Apple Slicer and Corer with Attached Safety Cover is a great product that makes cutting apples a breeze.
The advantages of using this product include its speed and efficiency – you can quickly get perfectly sliced apples in just seconds – along with its safety features. Thanks to its safety cover, you don’t have to worry about your fingers getting injured while slicing the fruit. Additionally, its compact design makes it easy to store in any kitchen drawer or cabinet without taking up too much space.
On the downside, some users may find it challenging to clean since it has multiple components that need cleaning separately and thoroughly as they are not dishwasher safe. Additionally, there may be some inconsistency between slices depending on how firm/soft an apple is – meaning some slices may come out slightly bigger or smaller than others unless appropriate adjustments are made when placing each apple into the slicer.
Types of Apple Slicers
Traditional Apple Slicer Vs Mandoline
- Traditional apple slicers are great for slicing apples in sections. You can slice apples for toppings for many dishes. Traditional apple slicers can slice only large apples because they have a small diameter, and apples cannot fit in them.
- Mandoline slicers can slice apples in multiple shapes and cuts. They are much faster and safer than traditional slicers. A mandoline slicer is easy to use and best for slicing dozens of apples.
Electric Apple Slicer Vs Manual
When it comes to slicing apples, there are two main options: electric apple slicers and manual apple slicers. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, so choosing the right one for your needs is essential.
- Electric apple slicers are faster and easier to use than manual slicers. They are also great for large batches of apples. However, they can be more expensive than manual slicers and may require a power outlet.
- Manual apple slicers are more affordable and do not require an outlet. They are also more compact, making them easy to store. However, they can be slower and more challenging to use than electric slicers.
If you need to slice a lot of apples quickly, an electric slicer wills the best option. If you only have to cut a few apples, then a manual slicer is a great option.
Countertop Vs Handheld
Apple slicers are available in the market in two forms. These are countertop apple slicers and handheld slicers. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Therefore it is important to choose the right one for your needs.
- Countertop apple slicers are more efficient and can slice apples much faster than handheld slicers. They are also less likely to cause injury since both hands are free to guide the apple. However, they are more expensive and take up more counter space.
- Handheld apple slicers are less expensive and more compact, making them ideal for small kitchens. They are also easy to store away when not in use. However, they are not as efficient as countertop slicers and can be more dangerous since both hands are needed to hold the slicer.
Benefits Of Using Apple Slicer
- An apple slicer is a handy tool that can make preparing apples for snacks or baking quick and easy. Slice the apple in half with the slicer, then use the built-in corer to remove the seeds and stem. The apple can then be thinly sliced for eating or baking.
- An apple slicer is a great time-saver, and it can also help to prevent waste. When apples are cut with a knife, there is often a lot of wastage as irregularly-shaped pieces are cut off. An apple slicer can help create perfectly-shaped slices, which can be used in recipes or as snacks.
- An apple slicer is also a safer option than using a knife. Knives can be dangerous, significantly when cutting through hard fruits like apples. An apple slicer is a much safer option, and it is also much easier to use.
Overall, an apple slicer is a handy tool used in the kitchen to make preparing apples quick and easy. It is also an excellent time-saver and can help prevent wastage.
How To Store An Apple Slicer?
Before storing an apple slicer, first, make sure that it is clean and dry. Then, wrap it in a clean, dry cloth or paper towel and place it in a drawer or cupboard. If you have an apple slicer with attachments or additional blades, you can store them in a box or container.
If you want to keep your apple slicer in good condition, store it in a cool, dry place. Ensure the slicer is not exposed to direct sunlight or excessive heat, as this could damage the blades.
Can The Apple Slicer Be Used For Other Food?
Yes, an apple slicer is a versatile tool capable of cutting different vegetables and fruits. It can slice pears, strawberries, peaches, tomatoes, potatoes, kiwis and small fruits the size of an apple slicer.
You can slice all these fruits and vegetables like apples. The important tip for slicing is first to measure the diameter of the fruit and if it is the same as an apple slicer so you can slice it. Apple slicer is used to slice apples for salads, desserts and sandwiches.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) & Facts About Apple Slicer
Can I Sharpen An Apple Slicer?
Blades of apple slicer can be sharpened with sharpening stone.
Do Apple Peelers Work On Potatoes?
The apple peeler is a versatile tool and can peel potatoes too.
What Is The Difference Between An Apple Slicer And A Spiralizer?
An Apple slicer is used to slice apples. While the apple spiralizer is designed to spiralize apples and many vegetables. Spiralizer can also cut flat slices of apples.
Is The Apple Slicer Dishwasher Safe?
Yes, it is safe for the dishwasher.
Is The Outer Coating Made Of Stainless Steel?
Yes, the outer coating of the apple slicer is made from stainless steel.
Is There A Cover For The Blades?
No, there is no cover of blades.
The best apple slicer will be one that can effortlessly slice apples and other fruits. Ease of use and cleaning must be considered before choosing the best among all. A reliable apple slicer will save your precious time and efforts.
Apple slicers are in multiple designs, features, sized and shapes. It is essential to find the best and most appropriate for you. An apple slicer will slice without the mess and prepare apples for servings in even slices.
John Hebdon is a food enthusiast, passionate chef, and author of various articles and blog posts related to food and cooking. With a deep love for all things culinary, John’s blog serves as a platform to share his extensive kitchen experiences with a broader audience.
In addition to his culinary expertise, John has a flair for writing and a natural ability to share his passion for food with others. His articles and blog posts are informative, engaging, and packed with practical tips for readers of all skill levels.
As a food enthusiast and writer, John is always on the lookout for new and exciting culinary experiences. Whether it’s trying out a new restaurant, experimenting with a new recipe, or simply sharing a favorite dish with friends and family, John is always eager to explore and share the world of food with others.