Mushroom is tasty food with versatile flavour. It has many health benefits; they are part of our meals and increase the taste. Mushrooms are frequently used in burgers and sandwiches.
Slicing mushroom is a tedious and unenjoyable job for most people. It has a large quantity of water, so it can get messy when slicing with a knife. The knife cut mushrooms very slowly and did not even cut.
A mushroom slicer is the best solution for slicing mushrooms. The mushroom slicer can cut fastly than a knife. It is a time-saver tool; you can use it over a bowl to keep the juice. It makes a pile of sliced mushrooms within seconds.
- 1 Helpful Information and Guide About Mushroom Slicer
- 2 What Is The Best Way To Cook Mushrooms In A Healthy Way?
- 3 Are Mushrooms Vegetables?
- 4 What Are The Types Of Mushrooms?
- 5 Tips And Tricks For Slicing Mushrooms:
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) & Facts About Mushroom Slicer
- 6.1 Can It Use For Slicing Strawberries?
- 6.2 Can You Wash The Mushroom Slicer In The Dishwasher?
- 6.3 Is There A Locking Mechanism In The Slicer For Handles?
- 6.4 How To Prevent Hands From Getting Black When Slicing Mushrooms?
- 6.5 How To Slice Mushrooms In The Slicer?
- 6.6 Are The Wires Of The Mushroom Slicer Sharp?
- 6.7 Will The Mushroom Slicer Sliced Pickles And Olives?
- 7 Conclusion
Helpful Information and Guide About Mushroom Slicer
What Is A Mushroom Slicer?
A mushroom slicer is a kitchen gadget used to slice mushrooms. It is a small, handheld tool with sharp wires, a handle, and a cover. It can cut large size mushrooms into paper-thin slices with ease.
It can even handle small fruits like olive, strawberries, and small mozzarella balls. It is easy to use and worth space in your kitchen drawer. Mushroom slicer is widely used in homes and preparing for gatherings.
What To Look For When Buying A Mushroom Slicer?
Look for the following things before choosing the best mushroom slicer for you.
- Slicer Shape: Most of the mushroom slicers have the same design. Slicers have an oval shape with two slicing frames for different cutting styles.
- Wires: Wires of mushroom slicers are usually made with stainless steel material.
- Versatility: A mushroom slicer is a versatile tool. It can also slice strawberries, kiwis, eggs and firm fruits according to the size of the slicer.
- Ease Of Use: Mushroom slicers are very easy to use. You can slice mushrooms by pressing them down in the slicer. It will be cut into eight equal pieces.
- Ease Of Cleaning: The mushroom slicer should be easy to clean. Most of the slicers can be cleaned by just rinsing with water.
- Clean Cut: Ensure the wires will slice mushrooms cleanly and not make a mess.
- Durability And Material: Mushroom slicers are made with plastic, stainless steel or carbon aluminum. Stainless steel is perfect for frequent use and busy kitchens.
- Size: Consider the size o the mushroom slicer also. For slicing, frequently choose a big size slicer. There is usually not much difference in the sizes of mushroom slicers.
How To Slice Mushrooms With A Mushroom Slicer?
Mushrooms are cooked best when they are cu in order. Proper cutting of mushrooms will help to drive off excess moisture faster. Below are the important steps that will help you slice mushrooms with a mushroom slicer.
- Step 1: Wash the mushrooms with fresh water and trim away the bottom portion of each stem. The stem can get stuck in wires so remove it must. Peel the mushrooms if needed.
- Step 2: Now put the mushroom slicer on a cutting board. Place the mushroom inside the slicer. If the length of the mushroom is larger than the slicer, then cut it in half to adjust the slicer.
- Step 3: Press the cover with wires on the mushrooms. Press firmly to cut all slices in the same thickness.
- Step 4: With a simple press, wires will come down to slice mushrooms.
- Step 5: For making small mushroom dice place the mushroom in the holder of the slicer and slice vertically and horizontally one after another.
Remove the mushroom slices from the wires of the slicer and shift them to a plate. Wash the slicer with hands only as soon as possible to clean the wires.
How To Clean The Mushroom Slicer?
It is very important to wash the mushroom slicer carefully and properly to maintain its quality and get the most out of this utensil. It is recommended to clean your mushroom slicer with hands rather than placing it in the dishwasher. If you want to wash it in the dishwasher, then make sure that your slicer is safe for dishwashing. Only place it in the top rack, and do not use hard detergents for cleaning.
Steps for washing the Mushroom Slicer
- Step 1: Separate the removable parts of the mushroom slicer and rinse them in the sink under running water.
- Step 2: Take a bowl of water and add some soap to it. Mix the soap in water with the help of a spoon or something else until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Step 3: Dip the slicer in soapy water and let it for 5 to 10 minutes. Then remove the slicer parts from the water and clean the wire using a brush.
- Step 4: After cleaning with a brush, wash the slicer with water. Wipe with cloth thoroughly, then reassemble and store in a dry place.
Single Vs Multi-Cut Mushroom Slicer
Mushroom slicers can be divided into two types by cuts. These are single-cut mushroom slicers and multi-cut mushroom slicers. As the name shows, a single-cut slicer can only slice mushrooms in one shape. It is a typical slicer which can slice in 8 or more slices by pressing the wires on the mushroom.
On the other hand, multi-cut slicers can slice the mushrooms in 3 or more different shapes. It has different layers of wires or multiple cuts in one layer. You can slice, dice, and cut into cubes mushrooms with a single press. Multi-cut slicers are used for cutting into small pieces.
How To Slice Mushrooms Without A Slicer?
Mushrooms can be sliced with a sharp kitchen knife and a good cutting board. Firstly, place the mushroom on the cutting board and remove stems from the bottom portion. That will give the mushroom a more stable shape. Hold the cap sideways to cut a quarter of the mushroom for roasting. The tip of a sharp knife should be between your thumbs and fingers. Now, cut down to split the mushroom without separating the halves. Rotate the mushroom slightly until you can comfortably and safely cut through at the 90-degree angle for the first cut.
For slicing mushrooms, lay them flat against the cutting board with the stem side facing down. Hold the mushroom firmly with one hand and make a series of parallel cuts. Slice the whole mushroom into even pieces.
What Is The Best Way To Cook Mushrooms In A Healthy Way?
Mushrooms can be cooked in so many ways and techniques. The healthiest and quickest way of cooking is cooking on the stove. Wash the mushrooms throughout and remove their stems. Add some olive oil to a pan and cook on medium heat. Cooked for 8-10 minutes until mushrooms turn to a golden brown. Now pour some water on the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes more. You can add your desired sauce to it according to your taste. It is the simplest way to cook mushrooms.
Are Mushrooms Vegetables?
Mushrooms are neither vegetables nor fruits. Mushrooms are included in the fungi group, so they are not plant and not animal also. It provides us with minerals, vitamins and antioxidants in large quantities. These antioxidants prevent the body from radicals, which cause cancer.
Mushrooms are rich in dietary fibre minerals like copper, potassium, zinc etc. Eat the mushroom in its natural form; do not use capsules. Mushrooms are cooked with meals and added to multiple dishes to increase the taste.
What Are The Types Of Mushrooms?
Mushrooms have several different types. Some mushrooms can be eaten and cooked, and others may not. Cooking mushrooms also have multiple types. Below are described some types of them.
- Button Or White Mushroom: Button mushroom is known as white mushroom. It is found widely and has a mild taste. It can be eaten both in raw and cooked forms. You can add it to soups, pizzas and salads.
- Chanterelle Mushroom: Chanterelle mushrooms have a woodsy flavour. This type of mushroom is common in Europe and northwestern parts of the United States.
- Maitake Mushroom: The shape of the Maitake mushroom is like wood. It also looked like a cabbage head. It is found in many parts of America.
- Morel Mushroom: It is a wild mushroom and is found on the sides of trees. You can easily get it from the stores. There shape is like fans and has a delicious flavour.
- Oyster Mushroom: Oyster mushroom is very common and edible. It is cultivated, and also you can see it growing on trees. There colour is white to light brown, and its shape is like a fan. The taste of oyster mushroom is sweet and delicious.
Tips And Tricks For Slicing Mushrooms:
- Lock the mushroom slicer in the closed position for safety and storage.
- Always clean and dry the mushrooms before cooking. Use a damp cloth for drying.
- Remove the stem must.
- Slice the mushroom according to the requirement of the dish. For roasting, cut quartered and for cooking, cut in slices.
- Wash the mushroom slicer after slicing as soon as possible. Otherwise, the food will get stuck on it and be hard to remove.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) & Facts About Mushroom Slicer
Can It Use For Slicing Strawberries?
Yes, a mushroom slicer can be used for slicing strawberries. It will work great; strawberries should be firm for slicing perfectly, not too soft.
Can You Wash The Mushroom Slicer In The Dishwasher?
Do not wash the mushroom slicer in the dishwasher. It is better to wash my hands. It will not take much time; just rinse with water. The quality of the slicer can be damaged badly when you wash it in the dishwasher, especially if it is made with carbon aluminum.
Is There A Locking Mechanism In The Slicer For Handles?
Yes, a lock at the end of the handle keeps it in the locked position for storage.
How To Prevent Hands From Getting Black When Slicing Mushrooms?
Mostly the hands of people get black when slicing mushrooms on the slicer. The reason is that the slicers made with cast aluminum turn black when washed in the dishwasher. The hard detergents used for cleaning in the dishwasher affect the slicer. During slicing, when you hold the slicer, your hands get black. Wash the mushroom slicer with your hands to avoid this situation.
How To Slice Mushrooms In The Slicer?
Slicing mushrooms with a mushroom slicer is not tricky. Place the mushrooms under the wire cover and press it. Mushrooms will slice in equal thickness sizes.
Are The Wires Of The Mushroom Slicer Sharp?
Yes, the wires of the mushroom slicer are pretty sharp. They can slice the whole piece of mushroom in a single press.
Will The Mushroom Slicer Sliced Pickles And Olives?
It will not slice pickles, but olives can be sliced on the mushroom slicer. Place two or three olives at a time in the slicer because it will not collapse then.
A mushroom slicer is the perfect kitchen tool for mushroom lovers. It has sharp wires to slice mushrooms very quickly. It cuts everything uniformly without any mess. It has a straightforward design. Mushroom slicers are available in single and multi-cut forms. You can slice mushrooms in varying forms and cuts. It is a handy tool, and you can hold it anywhere. In short, it is a worth buying tool.