Eggs are an essential part of our food and rich which nutrition. Hard-boiled eggs are eaten in breakfast primarily and used in salads, plates of pasta, topping and filling of many dishes and sandwiches.
Slicing boiled eggs with a knife can be tricky. When you are in a hurry to run for office in the morning, the knife may cut unevenly and create a mess.
An egg slicer is a small kitchen tool that can slice eggs in even thickness. Egg slicers have sharp wires to cut eggs in a single pr ss. It is a handy tool and ready to use and cuts in many slices.
- 1 Helpful Information and Guide About Egg Slicer
- 2 How To Use The Egg Slicer Effectively?
- 3 How To Clean The Egg Slicer In The Right Way?
- 4 How To Fix The Egg Slicer When It Has Trouble?
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) & Facts About Egg Slicer
- 6 Conclusion
Helpful Information and Guide About Egg Slicer
What Is An Egg Slicer?
An egg slicer is a food preparation utensil used to slice hard-boiled eggs quickly and easily. The Egg slicer consists of a slotted dish for holding the egg and a hiked of wires or blades that can be closed and pressed to slice eggs. The Egg slicer provides you with egg slices without crumbling the egg yolk. It makes the presentation of eggs beautiful and perf ct. It can cut eggs in half, round shape vertical and horizontal cuts very fastly.
Types Of Egg Slices
Egg slicers have different types of cuts. Some slicers have wires in one direction so that they will slice eggs in only one kind of cut. At the same time, the other slicers can cut eggs in multiple ways. Slicers that are cut in halves, wedges, slices and even dice will be perfect to choose. If you want an egg slicer for eating just boiled one, you can select a single-cut slicer. If you have to slice eggs for toping or presentation, then the slicer offering multiple cuts will be better.
Single Vs Multi-Cut Slicer
Egg slicers have different options for cutting eggs. Some are single-cut slicers, and others are multi-cut. You can select according to the dishes you prepare. Single-cut slicers are typical or traditional slicers that cut the egg directly. It cuts eggs in a round shape o ly. Rotating single-cut slicers can cut eggs in vertical or horizontal directions. Multi-cut egg slicers have removable slicing plates to slice in multiple w ys. These slicers cut eggs in half and cut them into slices and wedges.
Benefits And Ease Of Egg Slicer
- An egg slicer can slice eggs and strawberries.
- It can be cleaned with a quick little wash.
- Constructed properly, have thick wires with good tension and lost long.
- The kitchen counter remains clean, and there will be no mess to clean.
- Save time a large slice quantities in significantly less time.
- Cut eggs in even and perfect size.
- It does not require much space and can be stored in a drawer.
- Most of the egg slicers have three in one or more functions; eggs can be sliced in many shapes.
- It makes food fun for both children and adults.
Material Of Egg Slicer
Egg slicers are made with different types of mater al. They can be plastic, metal, stainless steel, cast aluminium or any other.
- Plastic: Plastic-made egg slicers are cheap and non-durable. They have low weight, and everyone can afford them. Plastic is used in the base and handle of the slicer. The plastic used in egg slicers is BPA-free and hygienic for food. It cannot cause to spread of food illness or any disease.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel is the top choice for all kitchen tools and gadgets. Its main quality is its durability because it resists the rust and corrosion. Wires of slicers are made with stainless steel because it is easy to cl an. The whole slicer can also be made with stainless steel material.
- Cast Aluminium: Cast aluminum is different from aluminum. It is food safe and the healthier option for kitchen items. Cast aluminum slicers are expensive and made for heavy-duty work. It is used in the base and handles of the egg slicer. The slicers made with this material are durable and do not break early.
What To Look For When Buying An Egg Slicer?
There are plenty of egg slicers in the market, and it is very clear to select the best among them. You have to look for many things like size, sharpness, wires, and n ed. Consider the following things before buying an egg slicer.
- Purpose: Consider whether you are looking for slicing boiled eggs only or slicing fruits.
- Material: Egg slicers have stainless steel wires and cast aluminum in the base and handle. Slicers are usually made with plastic and are BPA-free.
- Slicing Wires: Slicing wires of egg slicers can be made of plastic, stainless steel, steel, or any other mater al. High-quality slicers usually consist of stainless steel. These are rust-proof, sharp and easy to clean.
- Versatility: Most slicers are designed to slice eggs only. Some of them are versatile and can slice strawberries, kiwi, bananas, mushrooms, and other fruits.
- Ease Of Use: Egg slicers have a straightforward design. It slices eggs very easily. You can cut eggs using one hand only.
- Ease Of Cleaning: Eggs slicers are pretty easy to wash and clean. The slicer should be washed by hand with soapy water.
- Non-Slip Foot: Egg slicers are stable with a non-skid base. No-slip foot, make a firm grip and stay on the kitchen counter.
- Clean cut: Egg slicer cut in a super-clean way and does not drag through the edges at all.
- Durability: Egg slicers are small and not expensive, but still, you must look for durable mater al. A good quality egg slicer will lose long and not damage even if you use it daily.
- Size: Look for the size of the egg slicer because eggs are different in s ze. Slicers that can accommodate the size will be best.
- Price: Egg slicers are reliable and budget-friendly. You can find slicers between 10 to 15 dollars.
How To Use The Egg Slicer Effectively?
Slicing eggs on an egg slicer may be the easiest thing. It is a very fantastic tool for slicing and chopping eggs. Follow the below steps for perfectly slicing eggs.
- Step 1: Boil the egg and peel its outer co er. After peeling the egg, just place it on the centre of the slicer.
- Step 2: Press the cover with wires on the egg. Press firmly to cut all slices in the same thickness.
- Step 3: With a simple press, wires will come down to slice the egg.
- Step 4: For making egg dice, place the egg in the holder of the slicer and slice vertically and horizontally one after another. The great dice will be perfect for adding to soups and salads.
- Step 5: Remove the egg slices from the wires of the slicer and shift in a plate. Wash the slicer as soon as possible.
Tips When Using An Egg Slicer
The below tips will help you in slicing eggs perfectly and safely.
- Keep the egg slicer on a level surface to avoid slipping.
- Must bile the egg fully. Half-boiled or soft eggs will not be cut precisely.
- If you have to slice fruits, peel them first and then slice.
- For slicing, the kiwi uses a spoon to separate the fruit from the skin.
- Make sure that your slicer is dishwasher safe before washing it.
- Ensure skin removal; otherwise, the slicer will not slice the egg.
How To Clean The Egg Slicer In The Right Way?
You can clean the egg slicer in so many different w ys. The egg slicer can be washed by hand and in the top rack of the dishwasher. When you want to hand wash the slicer, be careful and keep your hands away from sharp wires. The wires of egg slicers are commonly stainless steel and sharp.
After slicing eggs, clean the remaining parts of the eggs and small egg particles. Now place it under a water tap and apply water press re. Pour some soap and use a kitchen brush to clean the wires of the slicer. Rub brush firmly in back and forth mot on. Repeat the step a few times until the wires get clean and start shin ng. Now wash with lukewarm water and let it to dry.
How To Fix The Egg Slicer When It Has Trouble?
Fixing an egg slicer is not a problematic task. Wires of slicer can be loose after daily use. The stainless steel wires can be tightened with simple eff rt. If you find trouble fixing the slicer and are confused about the problem, read the manual guide thoroughly. Sometimes the metal coating chipping off into the food, or the wires bend, then contact the seller. If the slicer has a warranty, then replace it and solve the trouble.
Maintenance Of Egg Slicer
- Push the wires on the egg slicer lightly; too much pressure can damage the wires of the egg slicer.
- Clean the slicer after washing with a cloth and then store it.
- Do not try to slice too hard fruits.
- Wash in the top rack of the dishwasher only.
- Do not wash metal parts with steel wool.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) & Facts About Egg Slicer
What Else Can You Slice With An Egg Slicer?
Egg slicers can be used to slice different fruits. You can cut bananas, avocado, cheese, butter, strawberries and other soft food items.
May I Cut Tomatoes With The Egg Slicer?
Yes, you can use a wedge egg slicer to cut tomatoes precis ly. Tomatoes of the same size as a slicer can be placed and sliced in them.
What Is The Best Type Of Material To Buy?
Stainless steel is the best material for buying an egg slicer. Stainless steel wires are strong, do not break and are lost for a long time.
How Do You Cut An Egg For The Salad?
You can cut eggs for salads or desserts in an egg slicer. A kitchen knife can also be used if you do not have an egg slicer.
Can I Use A Sliced Banana?
Yes, you can use this egg slicer to slice bananas as. Banana is larger than an egg slicer, so cut it in half, then place an egg slicer. It will cut the banana into even slices.
Can I Cut Wedges And More?
Yes, some slicers can cut eggs in wedges and other shapes. For wedges, buy the slicers, which provide different cuts.
What Is The Best Egg Slicer Size To Buy?
There is a variety of egg slicers. It is up to you to choose one that is your requirement and suitable for all your needs.
Egg slicer is a handy tool for slicing eggs and firm vegetables and fruits of small s ze. It is constructed with safety, versatility, ease of use and maintenance. Among so many slicers, you can select which you find more suitable for you. Egg slicers make cooking fast and enjoyable. Egg slicer will save your time, slice ideally and provide a pleasant look on your table.