For decades, the meat slicer has been a staple in many commercial kitchens because it makes short work of slicing food. Slicing meat is as easy as slicing bread with an adjustable meat slicer. A meat slicer helps cut meat for making sandwiches too.
If you’re slicing sandwiches for friends, family, or even yourself, you’ll find that different kinds of meat slicers give different results. Whether you want a thin slice of ham for a BLT or a thick slice for a hot dog sandwich, you’ll need to consider what kind of meat slicer settings will produce the best result. This guide will help you set the best meat slicer settings for sandwiches.
A meat slicer comprises of a base with the motor and a slicing plate attached at the bottom that sits atop a counter. You can adjust/set the slicing plate or knob thickness to create different-sized slices for making sandwiches. Let your sandwiches stand out from the rest!
Best Setting on Meat Slicer for Sandwiches
Each setting on the slicer corresponds to either a thinner or thicker slice. When slicing meat for sandwiches, choose the coarse setting on your meat slicer. This setting makes more delicate cuts through the meat and a lower salt product.
- Settings should adjust the meat slicer’s blades according to how you want to slice your meat. The best setting for a sandwich on a meat slicer is about 2-4, with the blade at half speed. Meat is sliced more thinly when cutting from the outer edges toward the center of the product. When making sandwich meats, set the blades, so they’re closer together. Gravity will pull down on the meat, keeping it on top of the slicer’s blades as it slices, and will result in a thinner slice. This setting should give you the ideal thickness for cutting meat and be fast enough not to have a lot of waste and mess.
- Another setting on the meat slicer is thin-sliced between 1/16″ To 1/8″. If you are making sandwiches and want to add meat, then set the thickness on the meat slicer between 1/16″ To 1/8″ or less than 1/8″ & start slicing meat to get paper-thin slices. After cutting, put sliced meat in the sandwich with some cheese and enjoy that moment while eating.
How do you Slice Meat Thin For Sandwiches?
Meat slicer is Ideal for making quick and a clean sandwiches by slicing thin meat at home.
- Take your meat ( beef, chicken, mutton ), wrap it with the paper, and put them in the freezer for thirty minutes so that the meat can become firm.
- Make sure your slicer is set for medium-thin, about 2-4, with the blade at half speed to slice the sandwich wafer-thin.
- Put the partially frozen meat on the carriage plate and start the meat slicer to cut the meat into a definite shape & you will get a paper-thin slice.
- Remember to always hold the meat carefully by its ends as you feed it into the slicer and pull it out when it’s done.
Meat slicers contain sharp blades that rotate at high speed & can cause serious injury. Therefore precautions are an essential part of using the meat slicer.
- Never put your hand in front of where the blade rotates, whether you’re cutting thin or thick slices.
- Turn the slicer off if not used and look at the blade.
- The meat slicer should be cleaned & sanitized adequately on a regular, daily basis.
- Never push meat with bare hands.
A meat slicer is the best tool for cutting meat into thin slices for sandwiches. With the above setting, you can thin sliced meat for making delicious sandwiches. When slicing meat for sandwiches, choose the setting about 2-4 with the blade at half speed on your meat slicer. This setting makes more minor cuts through the meat and makes a lower salt product. Meat slicers contain sharp edges that rotate at high speed, so safety & precautions are paramount.
Mario Batali is a renowned author, food enthusiast, and passionate chef who has dedicated his life to exploring the world of culinary arts. With a love for sharing his knowledge and experiences, Mario has become a prominent figure in the food blogging community, inspiring countless readers with his creativity and expertise.
In addition to his culinary prowess, Mario Batali is also a talented writer with a flair for engaging storytelling. He launched his own food blog to share his recipes, cooking tips, and personal experiences in the kitchen. Over time, Mario’s blog gained a loyal following of food enthusiasts who appreciate his unique approach to cooking and his dedication to using only the finest ingredients.
Mario Batali’s passion for food and his commitment to sharing his knowledge with others have made him a true inspiration in the world of culinary arts. Through his blog, cookbooks, and public appearances, Mario continues to spread his love of food and the joy of cooking with his ever-growing fanbase.